A Little About Us …
Swim Safety is the UK’s leading event water safety management company within the events industry; providing and managing water safety teams across a range of mass participation & corporate sporting events for clients such as:
– British Triathlon Federation events
– Tough Mudder
– Sport Relief
Over the 2019 Summer season we managed water safety teams across 76 events in 6 countries. But it’s not just events – we also provide water safety services for PR shoots/stunts, construction sites and on TV & film sets.
Are you looking for a summer job like no other?
Then this could be for you.
What you’ll be doing!
As an Operations Assistant within the Swim Safety Core Team you will be:
– Assisting Water Safety Managers with operational delivery of events; both in the office and onsite at events
– An active part of the water safety teams when onsite at events enabling you to gain experience across all teams
– Part of the team responsible for looking after kit and allocating it out to events. We have a fleet of boats and engines, along with lots of other water safety kit, all of which need regular maintenance and care.
– Providing admin support by assisting in the creation of operational documentation for events, risk assessments and resource allocation. Also providing written feedback post event and becoming familiar with Swim Safety’s internal systems
Who we’re looking for?
Our candidate should be:
– Bright and enthusiastic
– Highly motivated, organised and able to work under their own initiative
– An excellent team player – being keen to get stuck into everything is key
– Able to work under pressure
– Happy to work most weekends over the season, alongside being happy to travel and spend some weekends away from home
– Above all – open to adventure, willing to learn and experience new things
Ideally you will have…
– An Interest or experience in outdoor/water sport activities/water safety/lifeguarding
– Some level of knowledge of triathlon, open water swimming and/or obstacle racing
– A full UK driving license
• BCU Lifeguards SESA Qualification (or alternative BC qualifications)
• Internationally recognised Beach or Pool Lifeguard Qualification
• RYA L2 Powerboat Certificate (or above)
• NGB Rescue Boat Driver/Crew Qualification
• PWC/RWC Qualification
• NGB Diving Qualification (Commercial or Recreational)
You’ll get an insight into the workings of a small, niche company with exposure to all sorts of companies across sports events, media and construction industries.
In addition, we offer our employees:
– Flexible working, we understand the importance of work-life balance. That’s why you’re event commitments over Summer are planned in advance and we offer flexibility around office days
– 28 days holiday (pro-rated, inc Bank Holidays) plus Lieu for days worked over the weekend
– Pension contribution
– Access to ‘Staff Treats’ – a platform which gives you discounts to cinemas, gyms, restaurants and shops
– Further discounts via our trade accounts with big outdoor and water sports suppliers, so you can get your hands-on new kit
– Legitimate expenses for travel, accommodation and food covered whilst on the road working for Swim Safety
The role is a fixed term 6-month contract, which will begin April until the end of September (However exact start and finish dates can be flexible and agreed with the successful applicant)
A normal week will consist of a few days based at our office in Hoddesdon, then two or three days on-site at events based across the UK.