To contribute towards the smooth operational running of the gym facilities in Chelmsford whilst providing excellent customer service, in order to recruit and retain members.
1. Provide a high standard of gym-based services to members including inductions, setting challenges and assisting members with fitness enquiries.
2. Recruit new members by promoting the benefits of an active lifestyle, conducting facility tours and selling our membership packages.
3. Retain existing members through up-selling additional services and products including fitness classes, personal training and merchandise.
4. Contribute towards Team ARU and university initiatives relating to wellbeing and student recruitment.
5. Provide a welcoming environment for gym users by ensuring that equipment is clean and fit-for-purpose, all facilities are fully functional and that users comply with our gym rules and etiquette.
6. Deal with enquiries by members of the public, staff and students. Ensure that information is provided in a friendly, timely and accurate manner.
7. Process new memberships, activity bookings and payments.
8. Increase engagement with members and the local community through innovative use of different social media platforms.
9. Deal with minor incidents with minimal supervision and administer first aid when appropriate.
10. Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis as may reasonably be required.
Comply with Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR requirements in all working practices maintaining confidentiality, integrity, availability, accuracy, currency and security of information as appropriate. Take personal responsibility for all personal data within own working environment.
Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is normal practice to review periodically job descriptions to ensure that they are relevant to the job currently being performed, and to incorporate any changes which have occurred or are being proposed. The review process is carried out jointly by manager and employee and you are therefore expected to participate fully in such discussions. In all cases, it is our aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but where it is not possible to reach agreement we reserve the right to make reasonable changes to your job description which are commensurate with your grade after consultation with you.
How to apply
Email your CV to: email@example.com