As the Activities and Sports Development Manager for Clubs for Young People Northamptonshire (CYPN) based at Nene Whitewater Centre (NWC), you will ensure the professional, efficient and effective operation of all activities, courses and programmes delivered by CYPN.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
The County Director of Clubs for Young People Northamptonshire who is responsible to the CYPN Trustees.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• All operations at the Nene Whitewater Centre and associated delivery sites.
• Line management of activity staff including sub-contractors.
• The safety and wellbeing of participants involved in any activities delivered by CYPN or which he or she has been assigned to be ‘in charge of’ for the complete duration.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the sport development programme for CYPN at NWC and other associated delivery sites, leading in the delivering and co-ordination of activities ensuring it is innovative and site appropriate.
Delivering an exceptional service to our customers you’ll enable outstanding and inspirational experiences for everyone involved. You will lead on all sport development for CYPN and will be required to supervise a seasonal Activities Coach, a team of sub-contractors and work experience individuals.
Effectively working alongside local sports networks including County Sports Partnership, National Governing Bodies, Local Authorities, sports providers and volunteers you will provide a high quality service in line with the aims and aspirations of CYPN.
You will also be responsible for meeting targets, identifying new opportunities for income generation and external funding whilst considering long term sustainability.
Flexibility on working hours will be required to ensure delivery of the work. This is an annualised role so hours worked may vary from month to month but the salary will be paid monthly in 12 equal instalments over the year.
You know all there is to know about water sports and outdoor activities, and what it takes to make a fantastic customer experience as well as knowing how to go above and beyond customer expectations. You will have experience in water sports and land based activity development including planning and delivering inspirational activities and a clear understanding of the sports and leisure sector.
You will also be skilled in managing stakeholders, using your excellent communication skills and your ability to build and maintain a network of internal and external contacts. You’re a team player who can build trust and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
Perhaps most importantly, you are enthusiastic, full of energy and have a resilient, can-do approach that drives your success. You are as excited as we are about this rare opportunity to help people get outdoors and active within the county of Northamptonshire and can’t wait to get started.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent literacy, numeracy and computer literacy that enables effective management of a range of tasks including maintaining and developing policy and procedures, plans and reports.
• Knowledge of busy customer attraction management.
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety, safeguarding and environmental regulations.
• An understanding of AALA and the BCU and their requirements.
• Understanding of the national curriculum
• Working knowledge of funding, grants and accreditation processes.
• Working knowledge of efficient and effective management practices.
• Valid driving license
• A minimum qualification of UKCC Level 3 coach or equivalent Kayak and/or Canoe
• Raft guide instructor (national or site specific qualification) or willingness to achieve within 3 months
• FSRT (Foundation Safety Rescue Technician)
• Previous Management experience.
• Experience of creating new products/activities and implementing them.
• Experience of managing people and resources
• Demonstrable experience of working with organisational procedures, guidelines and policies.
• Delivery of BCU accredited courses as well as activity delivery to a wide range of customers.
• To be able to identify customers’ needs and respond appropriately.
• Experience of working successfully with sports and young people in a professional and/or voluntary capacity.
• Experience of meeting and exceeding targets.
• Experience of managing or working at a senior level in a leisure/customer attraction.
• Experience of planning and managing projects.
• Experience of delivering of water safety training.
• Experience in working in partnership with the voluntary, public and private sectors.
• Experience of managing activities, resources and people over more than one physical site.
Problem Solving / Decision Making
+ Mental Skills
• Ability to delegate and manage own workload.
• Conflict resolution experience in line with policy and legal requirements.
• Ability to problem solve and reflect.
• To effectively communicate with all stakeholders using appropriate methods.
• To be able to train and coach staff and sub-contractors to meet expected standards
• Experience of using social media
How to apply
For an informal discussion please contact Kerry Downes on 01604 624611.
Please email send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org