PGMOL are recruiting for the position of HR Executive.
Formed in 2001 to improve refereeing standards, PGMOL officials work across Premier League, English Football League and FA Competitions – and are funded by all three organisations. PGMOL is responsible for the recruitment, training, development and mentoring of referees and assistant referees.
The HR Executive role provides support to the Head of HR in delivering an effective and comprehensive HR service to PGMOL. The role is an integral part of the HR team and provides support, administrative delivery and guidance, where required, to line managers, employees and workers. Often the first point of contact for general HR queries, the HR Executive is responsible for administrative support throughout the employee lifestyle.
Ideal candidates will have worked in an administrative HR role previously, implementing filing systems and a dealing with a variety of HR related matters. They should be interested in developing their HR career and have a passion for working in sport.
Core duties include:
• HR administration including processing monthly payroll, and employee lifecycle documentation
• Recruitment and selection including liaising with candidates and managers, and arranging interviews
• Coordination of new starter inductions
• Assisting in the delivery of equality and diversity training and initiatives
• Administration of the annual appraisal process, including supporting and providing guidance to line managers and employees
• Administering disciplinary, grievance and other HR process documentation
• Providing support and guidance to line managers and employees where required on employee relations matters
• Maintaining and updating HR policies and procedures in line with current legislation
• Maintaining the PGMOL staff handbook and relevant online documents
• Preparing and updating pre-season match official documentation
• Working as a part of the London Office team and supporting PGMOL-wide initiatives as required
• Maintaining the PGMOL HR email account
• Experience of working in a HR role
• Experience of working in an administrative role
• Undertaking or prepared to undertake CIPD level 5 qualification
• Knowledge of HR practice
• Proven ability to handle confidential information and exercise discretion
• Able to apply a practical, common sense approach to people related matters
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and first class administrative competencies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organisational skills that enable prioritisation of workload whilst ensuring attention to detail
• Resilient and calm
• Collaborative and approachable
• Partnering, influencing and engaging skills
• A desire to learn and grow in the role
• CIPD associate membership or equivalent qualification
• Experience of processing payroll
• Experience of using HR or Payroll system (ADP or similar)
• Experience of working in a football or NGB environment
• Experience of liaising with union representatives
• Experience of dealing with workers
• Understanding of refereeing
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV accompanied by a one-page letter outlining their suitability for the role to: email@example.com before 9am on Monday 5th August, referencing applications HR-Exec.