To lead in managing the day-to-day merchandise operations of London Irish – to include product design, sourcing, alongside procurement and sales in conjunction with the Head of Operations.
To drive the development of new merchandise opportunities for London Irish alongside detailed reporting of all revenue streams
Duties and Responsibilities
• To work with the Head of Operations to understand the budgeted targets and various revenue streams to achieve these objectives.
• To manage the Club’s merchandise operations in the stadium in conjunction with Reading Football Club as per the stadium contract.
• To manage the relationship with the online manager at O’Neills to ensure that all stock is available. This should include sufficient preparations are made for the arrival of new stock, including photography and club based media launches.
• To understand the O’Neills (official kit partner) retail account and range designs to ensure that it complies with contract requirements and maximises revenues.
• To develop a strategy for growth in the Club’s merchandise operations outside of the match day experience.
• To liaise with colleagues about the merchandise requirements of sponsors’/partners’ activation to ensure contractual commitments are delivered.
• To report on all revenue streams across merchandise to ensure regular updates are available to the Head of Operations.
• Work with the Head of Operations to manage any partner relationships
Skills and Characteristics
• A graduate with merchandise buying, sports brand marketing and retail experience gained in either a retail or club environment.
• Track record of delivering brand objectives for a club and its sponsors.
• Business developer able to drive growth from existing partnerships.
• Excellent people communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
• Effective networker.
• Diligent and well organised with a “can-do” attitude.
• Able to work weekends and unusual hours as the position requires and matches are played at weekends.
How to apply
Please email CV and covering letter to Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th February 2016. Please indicate current salary, salary expectation and notice period. Only successful candidates will be contacted by email with regards to the interview process. Interviews will be held during week of 22nd February 2016.