SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB
Job Title Casual Academy Physiotherapist U9-16 – London
Department FDSC – Sports Medicine & Science
Location London Development Centre – Westway
Accountable To Lead Schoolboy Physiotherapist
Accountable For N/A
Criminal Record Check Required Yes Level of Check Enhanced (children’s barred list)
Financial Responsibility Budget
Holder No Authorisation Level £0
To develop, organise, co-ordinate and implement treatment and rehabilitation, medical screening and health/medical education programmes for the 9-16 year old Academy players.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as match day Physiotherapist for any of the U9 – U16 age group teams as required by the Club.
• To ensure medical continuity within the London age groups.
• Ensure appropriate physiotherapy support including the provision of equipment is available for all Academy activities.
• Maintain accurate and up to date medical records for all London players.
• Liaise with players, parents and Academy staff in order to provide appropriate feedback on diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of injuries.
• Help integrate FDSC methods of injury prevention and performance enhancement into the London development programme.
• Work closely with Sport Scientists, Academy Doctor, Academy Physiotherapist and Academy Coaches to ensure best methods of Academy player physical and mental development are achieved.
• Liaise with all Academy and Non Academy staff in relation to the above listed responsibilities.
• Ensure the relationship with children and vulnerable adults is appropriate and language, behaviour and demeanour is suitable. The Company will expect you to undertake training to ensure an understanding of best practice in relation to Children and/or Vulnerable Adults.
• Responsible for both individual health & safety and that of those who you are responsible for.
• You will be responsible for the welfare of children in your care and should not leave them in the care of others.
• A criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out.
• Ad hoc duties as requested by Management.
Experience Minimum one years’ experience in a similar role post qualification. Previous experience working as a physiotherapist (F/T or P/T) in an Academy setting or other sporting environment.
Experience in working in an interdisciplinary sports science and medical team.
Qualifications (incl. certifications) CSP/HCPC registered.
BSc Physiotherapy Degree
Up to date first aid (First Aid for Sport / First Aid in the Workplace or equivalent) and pitch side trauma training (Medical Gases / Defib).
Advanced Trauma Training (AREA / LM Medical).
Skills Excellent communication skills.
Excellent organisational skills.
Experience working with children
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Southampton Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Manager.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
How to apply
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.