School/Service – Sports Development Office
Location – Armitage Sports Centre, Fallowfield, Manchester
Contract Type – Service Level Agreement
Grade – Pay range £2000 per Season (Sep-Mar)
Hours – Monday’s 6:00PM-8:00PM, Tuesday 6:00PM-8:00PM + Wednesday afternoon fixtures
Starting Date – September 2019
The post holder will deliver quality coaching, management, organising, delivering and monitoring performance to the University of Manchester’s Women’s Lacrosse 2nd team and increase their performance in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). This role will not be required for any weekend fixtures or training sessions. This role will primarily be responsible for the coaching and management of the 2nd team who play in the BUCS 2A. The team trains twice a week at the Armitage Centre and plays 10-14 league/Cup/Varsity fixtures between September and March.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performance and experience of playing members and the Women’s Lacrosse 2nd team
• Support the effective delivery of pre-season in September and after the mid-season break in January
• Lead coaching sessions
• Lead the 2nd team with input from team captains (and other coaches where appropriate) to select playing squads and maintain a transparent selection processes and pathways between squads. This will require attendance at trials.
• Assist the Club and team captains (and other coaches where appropriate) to select playing squads and maintain transparent selection processes and pathways between squads. This will require attendance at trials.
• Provide regular information and status reports, as agreed with the Coach and Club Development Coordinator, on team and club performance and progress..
• Work closely with the Club & Coach Development Coordinator and committee members to assist with the development of Lacrosse at The University of Manchester.
• To ensure all sessions comply with Health and Safety.
• To work within an equal opportunities framework.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to: James.Plowright@Manchester.ac.uk.