The position of Team Doctor serves to lead medical governance and work closely with other medical staff in the management of players. We are therefore looking for a motivated individual to lead or individuals to share the lead of our medical provision within the FA Women’s Championship. Appropriate candidates will have the capability to manage a broad range of medical services and be an approachable point of contact for players. We have strong aspirations to achieve in the FA Women’s Championship and wish to recruit a doctor who shares our vision.
Qualifications & Accreditations
– Fully registered doctor licensed to practice by the GMC with appropriate medical indemnity to treat/advise WSL and WC players (essential);
– Advanced Emergency Aid qualification; this should be the FA Level 5 ATMMIF (formerly FA AREA) or be willing to complete this upon appointment (essential);
– Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine or equivalent professional qualification as otherwise approved by The FA or working towards this qualification (essential).
Key Responsibilities and Abilities
– Medicine management;
– Pitchside trauma and emergency planning and management;
– Medical screening and profiling including cardiac screening;
– Ensure adequate cover for players needing ongoing rehabilitation through the offseason;
– Return to play decision making for head and other serious MSK injuries.
Location and Time Commitment
– Attendance to all home fixtures (typically Sundays with some weekday evening fixtures) throughout the season and pre-season;
– Home fixtures are at Coventry Rugby Club (Coventry CV1 3GE);
– Be available for occasional consultancy work (online/in-person).
How to apply
Please send a covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.