To support the sporting development of students aged 13-18, delivering technical and physical training aligned with the School’s athletic development framework and philosophy to students participating in a wide range of sports.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
• The placement will offer an opportunity to develop programme writing and delivery of strength and conditioning provisions to a High Performance population.
• Clear and fully supported behaviour management system.
• A positive and aspirational atmosphere with a vocational focus of Sport and Performing Arts – students choose to come here specifically to train in their specialisms.
• Real opportunities for career progression across the Trust – our culture is very much to ‘promote from within’.
• Designing and delivering athletic development training programmes, including strength and conditioning, that reflect the needs of the sport and the individual and that are in line with the students’ sporting and educational programme.
• Educate students in their understanding of athletic development principles whilst providing opportunities to develop a rounded athletic skillset and sports specific physical qualities.
• Carry out appropriate monitoring and physical profiling of athletes, including High Performance Tiered Athletes, to inform training prescription, set physical targets and provide information and feedback to athletes and coaches.
• Work collaboratively with fellow support staff and sports coaches, and communicate diligently with staff, parents and the school as required regarding students’ training and development.
• Contribute to an effective athletic development structure, and engage actively in continuous personal development and the development of LeAF Studio School
• Team teaching and assisting experienced subject teachers in classroom situations.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to assist in the day to day running of a vibrant games department.
• Assisting with the delivery of the School’s co-curricular activity programme.
• Assisting with the administration of teams and fixtures where required.
• Being involved in school visits and trips.
• Supervision of recreational sports activities.
• Support our culture of ‘High Expectations – High Achievement.’
• Encourage staff and students to follow this example.
• Play a full part in the life of the school community.
• Comply with data protection legislation and expectations for confidentiality.
• Identifying and agreeing personal development objectives with the line manager
Please visit https://www.leafstudio.co.uk/curriculum/athlete-academy/ for more information on the athlete academy set up.
How to apply
For an application pack, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Emma Collins; Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further details, and to apply, please visit our website www.leafstudio.co.uk During the current school closure period, please return your completed application form to email@example.com Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV. Interviews will commence W/B 6th July 2020