An exciting opportunity has become available at to join our team at GCP. We are currently looking to recruit a bank of Performance Clinicians to provide support in delivering the PFA residential rehabilitation programme at St George’s Park (SGP). Alongside this role there will also be external opportunities on other national contracts that GCP runs.
Duties will include helping to manage the day to day running of the medical department; assisting the lead clinicians in the development of intensive, individualised and sports specific rehabilitation programmes alongside the application of a variety of manual therapies where required.
Successful candidates will need to display high levels passion with regards to the role and their profession whilst proving that are reliable, hard-working and dedicated. Excellent communication skills are paramount in order to work successfully with professional athletes, build strong working relationships within the MDT. Those that are creative and confident in the delivery of their work are more likely to be successful.
Whilst previous involvement in professional football is preferential; all candidates with an experience of working in a sporting environment will be considered.
• Delivery of clinical support services for the PFA scheme
• Delivery of treatment and rehabilitation as set out by the Society of Sports Therapists Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
• Reporting to and discussing all elements of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation with the lead clinicians on the PFA scheme.
• Liaise with Head of Performance, Physical Performance Lead, Sport Scientist/S&C and other members of the performance department with regards to evidence informed risk reduction strategies, performance enhancement strategies and return to train / play decisions.
• Liaison, where required, with Sports Medicine departments who refer into the scheme to optimise player medical care, welfare and performance.
• Provide reports on all patients who access the PFA scheme in line with GCP policy.
• Complete comprehensive and confidential medical records using the club’s medical online notes system: Benchmark54
• Actively participate in GCP social media activity
• To attend regular in-service CPD programmes within the medical department and GCP.
• BSc Sports Rehabilitation/Bsc Sports Therapy
• BASRaT Registration/Member of The Society of Sports Therapist
• At least 2 years post-graduate experience
• Relevant FA pitch side first aid qualification
• Experience of working in professional sport
• Full UK Driving License
• Registered to work in the UK
• Enhanced CRC check
• Experience working within a football club environment
• Evidence of relevant post graduate professional development
• Strength and Conditioning qualification
• Monday – Thursday 8:00/8:30 – 16:00/16:30
How to apply
How to apply: • Please send CV and covering letter for the attention of Peter Talbot to firstname.lastname@example.org • Closing date for applications is Friday 7th February 2020