Sport Volunteering Coordinator
£20,083 to £22,727 per annum
Could you develop a programme that takes sports volunteering opportunities to the next level at The Union, Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you will be responsible for the development and co-ordination of a programme of internal and external sports volunteering opportunities.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. The winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to work at The Union within the MMU Sport partnership and to support our Volunteering & Community Action Manager in the delivery of strategic objectives for sport volunteering.
• You will be the key contact for students, staff and organisations in sports volunteering: developing, coordinating and delivering a programme of sports volunteering opportunities.
• You will develop partnerships with a variety of providers to create new and exciting opportunities for students
• You will raise the profile of the sports volunteering offer at Manchester Met using a variety of communication channels including social media.
• Working across the university and with external partners you will ensure an integrated approach to sport volunteering and develop policies, procedures, structures and systems in line with the principles and practices of IIV and best practice
• You will lead on the development and delivery of Sport Volunteering projects and events
Who you are
• Someone with knowledge of the voluntary sector gained through paid or voluntary employment, you have experience of managing sports projects and organising volunteers, students or adult learners.
• You’ll have experience of supporting volunteers and of leading and delivering projects or events of a significant scale and are used to managing a complex and varied portfolio of sports activities with limited supervision.
• Someone with a demonstrable passion for the development and growth of students and the value of sport, you are in tune with sector trends and good practice with respect to engaging young people and/or HE students in sports volunteering.
• Positive about working in a student-led environment, you also have excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible, problem solving, customer-orientated approach to work.
Click here to Apply Online