This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and driven social media enthusiast to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment at one of the largest and most ambitious Premier League clubs.
As social media producer, your main responsibility will be to work with the social media manager to conceive, create, publish and measure the effectiveness of content in line with the club’s brand values and social strategy. You will work across both men’s and women’s teams (including on matchdays), as directed by the social media manager.
You will be a passionate and knowledgeable football fan, able to understand the appropriate tone to speak to fans, in a way that drives engagement, but represents the West Ham United brand in an engaging manner. You will have a real grasp of social media, with the ability to pick up on trends and also an understanding of which content works well on which platform.
• Responding to fans direct messages across all social channels within agreed SLAs and representing the club in a professional and engaging manner.
• Responsible for posting across West Ham United’s social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube
• Supporting the delivery of social content on men’s first team matchdays and women’s matchdays
• Create content that resonates with football fans showcasing an understanding of sport whilst also being topical and relevant
• Contribute ideas for new features, series and formats for our social channels whether image or video-led
• Report on fan sentiment and social analytics, and present findings back to the social media manager
• Recognise opportunities based on industry (and general) news and look to drive engagement based on the sentiment of our fan base
• Identify developing trends to leverage on behalf of the club
• Support the content team with player appearance shoots
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: –
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum twelve months in a similar role for an agency or similar brand (E)
• Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience (D)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Creatively minded with the ability to think beyond football in conceiving strong ideas and content (E)
• Exceptional communication, both verbal and written (E)
• Ability to work to deadlines and effectively manage time (E)
• Ability to distil team news into engaging social media content (E)
• A professional attitude (E)
• A deep understanding of social media analytics and reporting (E)
• Active on social media with a thirst for new technologies, trends and developments within the digital and social space (E)
• Basic understanding of Adobe Suite (D)
• Well versed in the Premier League landscape (D)
• Confident in pitching ideas (D)
• Naturally collaborative (D)
• Creatively oriented (D)
• An interest in FIFA and esports at large (D)
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Click here to Apply Online