An exciting opportunity has arisen at the RFL, the national governing body for Rugby League in the UK. We are seeking to appoint a Social & Inclusion Manager based at our offices in Media City UK, Manchester.
This role is perfect for someone interested in a career in campaigning or public affairs, who is looking to gain some practical experience.
Principal duties will include:
• Support the Head of Growth with the delivery of plans and support for key variant offers and inclusion and equality initiatives
• Encourage and support the management of the creation of new Touch Rugby League leaders, and a new and simplified delivery model for Touch RL
• Act as the programme or project manager for specific action plans or projects as defined by the Head of Growth, including working with P&D admin and events and marcomms, to deliver and promote key events
• Support the Head of Growth with delivery of the Sky Try development programme with the objective of introducing the sport to potential new participants and converting them into regular lifelong players/viewers of rugby league
• Support work to align the social & inclusion programmes to wider campaigns and increase their appeal to sponsors and partners
• Assist events within the community game as required including promoting RL social and inclusion offers at major events
In order to be successful, you will need to have:
• Display a ‘can-do’ attitude even in demanding situations
• Passionate advocate of the RFL Community Game
• Ability to motivate and empower others, and inspire full confidence in team members
• Presents a strong, professional, positive image to others which inspires confidence
Appointment may be made subject to a DBS check.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 21st November 2019
The Rugby Football League has confirmed that it will be relocating to the Etihad Campus in East Manchester. This will be a phased relocation which will take place by Autumn/Winter 2021.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.
The Rugby Football League welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons
regardless of Age, Sex, Race, Disability, Pregnancy, Marital/ Civil Partnership status, Sexual
orientation, Gender reassignment or Religious background.
Click here to Apply Online