As a Senior Commercial Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for building and managing day-to-day relationships with a portfolio of partners and working collaboratively with both them and internal stakeholders, to develop and deliver annual activation plans.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We know that Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people’s lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It’s something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
• Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
• Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
• Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
• Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
• You are passionate about delivering exceptional client service to partners and are experienced in agreeing and delivering commercial contracts.
• You have worked with big brands and have a thorough understanding of the fundamental marketing principles and audience segmentation.
• You have strong leadership and interpersonal skills that build great relationships.
• You are very organised, with a high level of attention to detail
YOU’LL BE DOING
• Delivering commercial rights for key ECB partners across International and Domestic cricket, ensuring contractual rights are delivered effectively across elite teams and grassroots programmes
• Managing a team of four Commercial Partnership Managers and Executives
• Working alongside the partners and their agencies to develop and implement innovative activation plans, that deliver against objectives and exceed KPI’s.
• Liaising with Marketing, Digital, Events and Communications teams to support the delivery of partner campaigns, ensuring they are aligned with ECB’s strategy and engage the cricket audience.
• Building strong management relationships within our commercial partners to develop a robust understanding of partner brands, businesses and competitors
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Commercial Strategy Manager to identify appropriate data and insights to demonstrate partnership impact
• Developing and delivering insight led partner evaluation presentations
• Supporting the Head of Commercial Partnerships and Sales and Marketing Director to negotiate partnership renewals and oversee contracting process
• Working with the Professional Cricketer’s Association (PCA) to deliver player commercial appearances which deliver against partner and ECB objectives.
• Managing partner servicing budgets.
• Negotiating and managing supplier contracts, ensuring appropriate standards of service delivery.
• Contribution to driving of the overall development and delivery of the commercial strategy including supporting new business initiatives.
• Support in the setting of best practise for project management, budget management and client reporting
• Attending matches as part of the Event Delivery Team during the international and domestic cricket season.
• Extensive experience in a client facing role, managing lead or title partnerships and activating through the line marketing campaigns.
• Ability to negotiate and lead sponsorship contracting process.
• Demonstrable line management experience
• Sound commercial sense with the ability to develop partner objectives, how to evaluate and evolve them, leading client conversations with confidence and gravitas.
• Experience in developing sponsorship strategy and generating creative ideas to assist partners to activate their sponsorship.
• Good project management skills ensuring partners effectively leverage their assets.
• Commercial mindset and the ability to create and convert partner opportunities.
• The confidence and capability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, influencing and decision-making skills.
• Experience of building process, ways of working and collaboration.
• Experience in commercial or partnership management in sport or entertainment, at a rights holder or agency.
• Competitive salary
• 25 days’ holiday
• Private medical insurance
• Non-contributory 8% pension
• Life assurance
• Free on-site gym
• Subsidised canteen
• 30% discount on New Balance items
The England and Wales Cricket Board is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Click here to Apply Online