Middlesbrough Football Club is looking to recruit a Full Time Lead Phase Coach to work with our Under 11 and Under 12 squad. Working under the Academy Head of Coaching and Academy Manager, you will be expected to plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the clubs coaching and playing philosophy.
The role will primarily be based at the Training Ground at Rockliffe Park, Hurworth, and match day coaching will be a fundamental part of the position. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing individual support to selected players, producing Individual Learning Plans and maintaining records via the PMA (Performance Management System) ensuring requirements of our EPPP category 1 status are met. Developing close links to all academy departments will be critical in succeeding in this role.
• Hold a UEFA A Licence (Level 4)
• Have completed the FA Advanced Youth Award
• Have experience in a professional football club environment working with youth players; a professional playing career would also be advantageous
• Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent organisation skills
• Desirably have experience in using a variety of computer software packages, including the PMA (Performance Management Application)
• Thrive on the challenges of working in a successful academy and have a flexible approach to working hours to facilitate meeting all the demands of this full-time role
• Hold a full driving licence and have use of a vehicle
The Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAIF) qualification would be advantageous, or a willingness to complete within 6 months. This position will be subject to an enhanced DBS.
An attractive salary is offered which will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm on Thursday 6th February 2020
Interviews will be held w/c Monday 10th February 2020.
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups
How to apply
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form quoting Ref LFPC/MFC