An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Academy Recruitment Department for three National Scouts. The National Scouts will be responsible for the identification and recruitment of talent for Sheffield United Football Club Academy and will liaise on behalf of SUFC following strategic observation of talent outside of the academy recruitment footprint. Each scout will be designated a cohort of football clubs across different levels of organised Football that sit within their locality. The overarching aim would be to procure players aged between the ages of U16 and U19 years of age.
We are looking for a National Scout in each of the following locations:
Yorkshire & The North East
• To scout personally and play a full role in identifying and recruiting players who meet the criteria and have the potential to represent Sheffield United Football Academy.
• To produce a database of players from within the designated area that documents targets observed across Cat 1, Cat 3, Non-League, Schools, district and grassroots football.
• To be aware of and comply with the standard operating procedures implemented by the recruitment department at Sheffield United Academy.
• To build an extensive network of contacts throughout the game therefore ensuring effective signposting and tracking of potential target players.
• To be competent on the internal scouting software platform therefore ensuring that a live record of games observed, and players recommended are tracked, monitored and reported on thereafter.
• To ensure that all player reports cover all dimensions of performance and potential, technical, physical, psychological and social.
• To ensure that the Head of Recruitment is aware of all planned fixtures so that permissions can be gained, and protocols adhered to.
• Contribute towards a quarterly report that the Head of Recruitment compiles providing evidence on progress, success and issue.
• Actively participate in regular scout meetings (6 weekly basis) and clearly articulate rationale and informed conclusions on players.
• Create a network of club, scouting and intermediary contacts to support the scouting process and to allow the opportunity to gain intelligence quickly
• Develop an understanding of the players already at the club, as well as an excellent knowledge of the teams playing styles at Academy and First Team level.
• The FA Talent ID Level 2 qualification
• The FA Safeguarding Certificate
• The postholder will be required to complete and enhanced DBS check
• Experience of working in a recruitment capacity in a professional football club
• Sound knowledge of youth development rules and regulations with regard to scouting young players
• Smart appearance, reliable with excellent personal and communication skills
• A willingness to work unsociable hours, evenings and weekends
• Full driving Licence
• Evidence of technical and tactical understanding of Football from coaching qualifications, previous employment or playing experience
• The FA Talent ID Level 3 qualification
Click here to Apply Online