The Major Events Manage is responsible for developing and delivering an agreed number of British Orienteering mass participation events. They will have complete ownership of all aspects of event planning, delivery, promotion and are responsible for health & safety, participation, income and expenditure targets.
The Major Events Manager key responsibilities:
• Organise and deliver an agreed number of orienteering type events, ensuring participants have a memorable, enjoyable and safe event experience.
• Build knowledge of, and relationships with, key stakeholders and influencers in the communities where the events are held.
• Plan and deliver local promotional activity (flyer, poster distribution, local PR and promotion) to recruit event participants.
• Manage local and national supplier budgets for each event.
• Recruit, manage and retain volunteers to support the delivery of events and promotional activity.
• Manage an effective Event Management Plan for each event.
• Support the Board in developing a vision and strategic plan for British Orienteering events.
• Develop the profile of the events with participants, the public and potential sponsors.
• Other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as determined by the Chief Executive.
How to apply
To request the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01629 583037
Applicants should submit a Cover letter, completed Application form and CV.