Try Tag Rugby is the UK’s leading Tag Rugby organisation. We are a fun, vibrant company that experiences tremendous growth in participation numbers each year.
Try Tag Rugby is a great company to work for as we get the chance to provide people with the opportunity to play a social sport in a friendly, safe and fun environment with many new friendships (and relationships) being made! Running successful Try Tag Rugby leagues and events is highly enjoyable and rewarding, as ultimately if the players are enjoying the experience, you will too!
Formed in August 2009 to service the demand for adult Tag Rugby throughout the UK and now with 800 teams playing UK wide, we have backing from a National Governing Body and the International Tag Federation.
Our five core principles are
We are professional in our training, organisation, and delivery
We help people meet others and create a friendly, inclusive and welcoming community
3) Pride & Passion
We are passionate about the sport, have pride in our community and our people
We strive to provide a community where our players and staff are happy, healthy and motivated to perform
We strive to develop all aspects of the sport and our people; our players, our referees and our staff
The Opportunity – London League Organiser
An opportunity has come up for three full-time predominantly office-based League Organisers in our London office.
London League Organisers deal with all league customer service and administration for a set number of leagues, including;
• Dealing with customer service enquiries via email or phone
• Registering teams and players
• Generating league fixture schedules
• Appointing referees
• Writing mass communication emails to players and teams
• Managing relationships with team organisers to retain teams
• Using our database and social media to grow the leagues & attract new players to Free Taster Sessions
• Monitoring stock levels and processing equipment orders for venue supervisors
• Communicating nightly task summaries with venue supervisors at leagues
• Managing league finances and ensure all member fees are collected
• Managing relationships with post match social venues
• Conducting occasional site visits to conduct staff assessments
League Organisers will also get involved in other work including;
• Assisting with online shop orders & franchisee orders on set days
• Assisting with custom kit and other office-based admin required
• Working at 3-6 Saturday events / tournaments throughout the year
• Learning the game of Tag Rugby to be able to cover as a venue manager on adhoc occasions during summer and up to 3 times weekly during quieter periods of the year when levels of league administration drop off.
This position would ideally suit a recent graduate in Sports Management or a sports enthusiast looking for a change of career.
The ideal person will be/have;
• Extremely organised and proactive with an efficient work ethic
• Excellent administration skills & an ability to prioritise and complete multiple administration tasks in a fast paced environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written & oral communications skills
• Confidence using IT systems and ability to quickly learn internal systems such as Spawtz league management
• An interest in sport particularly around league structuring and scheduling
• An understanding of the Social Sports sector
• Principles which align with the company
We would like you to have;
• Degree in Sports Management
• Experience working within a sports organisation
• Experience in a previous administration or customer service role
Where will you work?
Our office is based at London Southbank University in SE1, a short walk from Elephant & Castle and Southwark stations. It’s a vibrant inner London neighbourhood with cafes, restaurants, pubs & good transport links nearby.
What are the hours?
Minimum 35 hours per week. Core hours 10-6pm.
As our leagues & events take place outside of office hours the role requires occasional evening work and working at 3-6 Saturday events throughout the year. Some flexibility is required and time in lieu can be taken in return.
£23000-26000 & reasonable expenses. 20 days annual leave plus public holidays. An annual bonus may be paid based on your performance and that of the company. We also offer a number of employee benefits.
Starting date from 14/01/2020.
Try Tag Rugby has offices in London and Yorkshire, and operates in Bristol, Coventry & Warwickshire, Manchester, the Thames Valley & Wigan. We have exciting plans to launch another 20 franchises within the next five years. Career progression and franchising opportunities are available for those who excel in the role. For more information on Try Tag Rugby please visit our website: www.trytagrugby.com
How to apply
Applications to Jamie Woods firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV and cover letter.