Reports to: Head Coach
Works alongside: Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Lead Doctor
Responsibility for: Sports Therapists, Sports Masseurs, Interns and Students
To oversee the therapy and medical provision for the Nottingham Rugby first team squad.
• Qualified physiotherapist with minimum 3 years’ experience in professional sport environment.
• Professional indemnity insurance and membership of HCPC or BASRAT as appropriate.
• Level 3 PHICIS, equivalent or working towards this
• Right to work in the UK
• Previous experience working in professional rugby
• MSc / post-graduate qualification relevant to the role
• To offer timely assessment of acute injuries and ensure appropriate follow up care is arranged (in keeping with the agreed Nottingham Rugby medical pathway).
• The above to encompass coordination of the entire medical pathway including (but not exclusive to): GPs, Nottingham Elective Orthopaedic Services, imaging services, team doctors.
• To communicate effectively with the coaching team, on player availability both in the short and longer term, including planning modified training programmes.
• To work with the S&C coach and coaching team in developing clear return to play pathways, providing a template for commonly seen injuries.
• To evaluate rehab programme progressions on a daily basis.
• In co-ordination with the Lead Doctor, put in place all necessary protocols and policies for compliance with the RFU minimum standards criteria and to ensure best practice principles are followed in all areas of sports medicine at Nottingham Rugby.
• To ensure all necessary medical equipment and medicines has been audited, remains in date, in good working order and accessible for use.
• To arrange appropriate cover with the team doctor cover for all matches (in line with RFU protocol) and liaise with opposition team medics where appropriate to facilitate this.
• To provide match day first aid and immediate care when in attendance.
• To assist players in pre-match preparations as required and provide pitch-side injury assessment and immediate care.
• To maintain contemporaneous medical notes via The Rugby Squad (online medical database) in keeping with the CSP professional standards.
• To remain a member of the Health and Care Professions Council and the CSP at all times. This includes participation in relevant and regular CPD activities and maintaining a portfolio of documentation.
• To support the professional development of other therapy staff and students including interns, undergraduate and post-graduate students
• To ensure appropriately trained support staff are available to provide remedial sports massage.
• To ensure that there is suitably qualified physiotherapy cover at all training sessions and on match days.
• To provide remote support to the academy physiotherapist on clinical issues and player management
How to apply
To apply please send CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the job to email@example.com For an informal discussion please contact Steve on 07809 705418