Interview date to be confirmed
This is an exciting time for an exceptional individual(s) to have a significant impact on the strategy for the learning and development of people working within the EIS. Working closely with the wider UK Sport people development team this role will contribute to and influence the learning and development of the whole high-performance sport system.
Poised to launch its post Tokyo Strategy after the summer Olympic games in 2020, our opportunity is to set out how the ambitions of the EIS can be supported by a strategic, structured and progressive approach to learning and development. Building on the foundations developed to date, a critical priority is to enhance and ensure consistency of leadership, management and coaching across the organisation.
Our learning and development strategy will be organisation wide encompassing generic, technical and knowledge management to ensure a holistic approach. However, delivery of the different elements will sit in different parts of the organisation when it comes to specific technical development.
Purpose of Post
• To lead the development, delivery and costing of the EIS Learning and Development Strategy. To ensure that leadership, management and core role development is aligned appropriately with job specific technical development and knowledge management.
• To create a systematic approach to learning and development, gaining buy in and providing understanding of individual options and learning and development pathways.
• Work closely, and in collaboration with the UK Sport Performance People team, to align the learning development strategy and delivery across UK Sport, the EIS and National Governing Bodies.
• Partnering with other key areas of the EIS to support the delivery of technical development
• Develop and embed a learning philosophy across the EIS that sits within and contributes a wider benefit to the UK high-performance sport system
• Maximise the opportunities for learning of people within the EIS
Main key responsibilities
Develop and lead the communication and implementation of a future focused learning and development strategy and learning philosophy
• for the EIS, ensuring that all employees are supported to develop to their full potential
• Work in collaboration with, and support the Director of Science and Technical Development in the development and delivery of the technical development strategy ensuring that there is a consistent approach to learning in the EIS, that is clearly articulated in one strategic plan
• Work alongside the UK Sport Performance people team to ensure that the EIS learning strategy and philosophies are aligned and together form part of the wider HPS system people development strategy
• Work with UKS People development team to ensure all learning journeys with respect to leadership, management, coaching and culture align to the system leadership framework and are founded on cross cutting learning journeys across the system
• Bring thought leadership to learning in the EIS ensuring that external good practice and innovation is brought into the development and delivery of learning journeys
• Work with leaders and key stakeholders in the EIS to identify organisation wide learning needs; develop and deliver appropriate non-technical learning journeys
• Lead and develop the learning team to ensure their role and work is positioned to support and deliver the learning and development strategy
• Develop a clear strategy for assessing the effectiveness of learning and development so that it can be evaluated and reported to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Board.
Click here to Apply Online