Hintsa Performance is a leading international provider of wellbeing and human performance services. Hintsa offers medically-led, evidence-based coaching to improve the life and performance of individuals, teams, and organisations. We are a multinational company serving a clientele ranging from Formula 1 World Champions and top CEOs to executives and employees in hundreds of companies around the world. Hintsa employs over 100 professionals including performance coaches, doctors and other wellbeing specialists, software designers and developers, as well as sales and marketing professionals. The company is headquartered in Helsinki and has additional offices in Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates. At Hintsa Performance you will have the opportunity to work within a fast-growing company which offers a positive and inclusive work environment designed to encourage personal development and professional growth.
We are currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified General Manager, to lead business development and operations for the prestigious Hintsa Performance Sports business. The successful candidate will oversee and manage Hintsa’s sporting activities, with support from the Sporting Director and the Managing Director (Sports). The General Manager will report to the Managing Director (Sports).
Responsibilities of the General Manager will include client and athlete liaison, contract negotiation and documentation, sales lead generation and follow-up, leading the coaching team (including recruitment, onboarding and development of coaching and clinical talent) and administrative responsibility for invoicing and accounting functions.
Prior professional exposure to national or international-level sport (in coaching and/or management domains), a demonstrated ability to lead a team, and/or significant operational experience within a business environment would be key attributes for any applicant.
We are seeking candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
• more than 5 years’ experience in sports management and/or business operations – including at CEO, Performance Director, or Senior Manager level (or equivalents) in these domains
• the ability to develop and implement organisational systems and processes
• emotional intelligence, client focus and service-orientation, with a diplomatic and political awareness of the demands of elite sport
• excellent organisational skills, with experience in leading and managing people
• excellent interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to work within a team of corporate colleagues, doctors, and sports scientists/coaches
• a demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently within a resource-limited environment
• excellent English language skills, a full driver’s licence and an existing UK/European passport or residency, plus familiarity with basic Microsoft Office tools
• willingness to undertake a modest amount of international travel
The role will begin in April 2021 on a substantial part-time contractor basis (around 0.7 to 0.8 FTE) with likely expansion a full-time arrangement in due course.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your curriculum vitae accompanied by a cover letter (max 150 words) via this link: https://www.sympahr.net/public/pq.aspx?3abbfd7a Please briefly confirm within your cover letter that you are independently eligible to work as a contractor in the United Kingdom, Switzerland or the EU. Unfortunately, Hintsa Performance cannot offer employer sponsorship for any visa or residency application. For further information and questions, please contact: email@example.com Interviews will take place remotely from the second half of February 2021