We have an exciting opportunity for a Former Players Club Fundraising Officer to work within our Former Players Club based at Villa Park. The Former Players Fundraising Officer will lead on developing a fundraising strategy that enables the Former Players Club to operate financially independent of Aston Villa Football Club and provide benevolent support to former players.
• Compile a calendar of fundraising events and activity that generate income for the
Aston Villa Former Players Club and the Former Players Benevolent Fund
• Lead on the planning and delivery of fundraising events and activities, including health
and safety processes, safeguarding, staffing, stakeholder engagement, marketing and
• Accurate and transparent management of income and expenditure in line with Aston
Villa financial processes and procedures
• Liaising with internal departments including the partnerships team, media and content
and hospitality team to ensure Former Players Club events and activity align with Aston
Villa Football Club objectives
• Liaison with the Former Players Club Liaison Officer to ensure appropriate support from
former players at events and activities
• Work alongside the Aston Villa Foundation Fundraising and Events Officer to ensure
co-ordination and a joined-up approach to fundraising activity
• To undertake any other works as could be reasonably expected of a Fundraising Officer
Key skills and experience required:
• A proven track record of successful fundraising activities and events
• Proven administration Experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office,
• Overseeing fundraising and community events
• Monitoring and evaluating the impact of events
• Ability to network and build relationships with external stakeholders
• Strong written skills
• Experience of financial planning and managing budgets
• Relevant experience in marketing and promoting successful events
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate others
• Knowledge of Safeguarding and health and safety risk management
Aston Villa Football Club is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
Aston Villa Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and its supporters. As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form available at https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/careers/job-vacancies. All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your application form, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV, (please including your current salary details and notice period) and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form available at https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/careers/job-vacancies, to email@example.com or Lucy Ford, HR Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.