The position of First Team Strength & Conditioning Coach serves to lead physical performance and sports science within the club’s Sports Science and Medicine team. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our interdisciplinary team within the FA Women’s Championship. Appropriate candidates will have the capability to manage a range of sports science disciplines and be an approachable point of contact for players. We have strong aspirations to achieve in the FA Women’s Championship and wish to recruit someone who shares our vision.
Qualifications & Accreditations
– BSc or MSc in Sports Science, Strength and Conditioning or similar (essential);
– NSCA CSCS or UKSCA accreditation, or ability to obtain within 6 months (essential);
– FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football or equivalent (essential);
– BASES accreditation (desirable).
Key Responsibilities & Abilities
– Delivery of pitch and gym-based strength and conditioning sessions to first-team players;
– Delivery of late-stage rehabilitation programmes to injured players;
– Testing, profiling and monitoring of first-team players;
– Planning and preparation of decentralised training programmes;
– Managing player data e.g. wellness, laboratory, gym and field-based measures;
– Understanding of female biomechanics and physiology.
Location & Time Commitment
– Attendance at up to two training sessions per week (weekday evenings, days TBC);
– Training sessions are at Warwick University (Coventry CV4 7AL).
– Dedicate the equivalent of two training sessions per week to planning, preparation and monitoring tasks.
How to apply
Please send a covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.