Exeter City FC are looking to recruit an FDP Age Group Coach to work with the players in 3 training sessions per week as well as on match days each Sunday.
The successful applicant will be required to deliver relevant, innovative and enjoyable coaching practices for FDP players. They will also need to be experienced in planning, reviewing and providing feedback to players and parents to assist with the all-round development of young football players.
• Develop young players who aspire to play high quality possession-based football for ECFC.
• Prepare for & coach in 3 training sessions per week with an FDP age group.
• Prepare for & coach an FDP age group’s matches as part of the games programme
• Liaise with the Head of Academy Recruitment regarding trialists.
• Plan, evaluate and record all training sessions ensuring that all important factors are covered appropriately (5 pillars, cycle of play, individual, unit, team).
• Record training and match details for team and individuals on PMA.
• Undertake 6x weekly recorded reviews with individual players on achievement and progress.
• Hold the UEFA ‘B’ coaching licence.
• Up to date Level 3 CPD hours.
• Hold the FA Youth Award.
• Have a current (in date) BFAS/ EFAiF qualification.
• Have a current (in date) FA DBS check.
• Have recent and relevant experience working with elite young football players.
• Have effective & efficient communication skills at all levels.
• Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
• Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD).
• Adopt a positive and enthusiastic outlook towards the use of sports psychology and match analysis that will encourage players to do the same.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position please complete an Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to HR, Exeter City Football Club, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter, Devon, EX4 6PX or email firstname.lastname@example.org Interview date: W/C 17th February 2020 Interview format: Short practical assessment & Informal interview discussion with key staff & focus groups. All candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work within the UK. ECFC is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Suitable BAME candidates meeting the job profile & performance criteria will be included in short-listings and interviewed for the vacant position.