We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Creative Content Editor to work within our Public Relations Team, based at Villa Park The role will involve creating motion graphics for video and social output and to film and edit content in and around a football environment, including action footage, player and manager interviews, press conferences, shows, features and match-day activities.
The successful candidate will have a strong visual instinct with the ability to quickly identify, capture, edit and produce sporting stories that resonate with our fans.
• To be responsible for creating motion graphics for video and social output.
• To be responsible for filming and editing content in and around a football environment.
May include action footage, player and manager interviews, press conferences, shows, features and match-day activities.
• Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment and lighting prior to filming.
• Working in both single and multi-camera operational conditions, combining your knowledge of technology with creative visual skills.
• To be responsible for producing & editing raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcast across all of Aston Villa’s video platforms. Additional post-production responsibilities may include grading/colouring footage, correcting footage, editing audio, creating graphical elements. Such video platforms including the clubs online video platform and, and Aston Villa’s social channels. The position would also include the production of videos for internal use.
• To oversee the delivery of content from/to various third-party suppliers.
• To organise and maintain Aston Villa’s video archive.
• Produce and facilitate live video streams of match content on an ad-hoc basis.
Key skills and experience required: –
• Expert in Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Ability to create unique motion graphics.
• Extensive knowledge of television/film production.
• Highly proficient in the use of video camera equipment.
• Ability to function as one-person shoot/edit/producer
• Experience of Scripting/preparing /planning interviews and content formats for video output.
• Ability to film live action sports. Ability to use Sony cameras (FS7 / A7III).
• Live streaming experience.
• Proficient in the use of Mac products and software.
• Ability to recognize the most suitable shot for any occasion and an understanding of the visual impact created by particular shots. Ability to frame and compose shots and perform camera moves accurately.
• Awareness of new digital technology and filming methods and a willingness to embrace new developments and approaches within video production.
• The ability to work to a creative brief.
• Experience working with live outside broadcasts.
• Ability to find solutions to technical and practical problems. When filming on location, for example, it is particularly important to deal with light and sound issues.
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work to deadlines in a multi-tasked role
• Trustworthy and can demonstrate professional confidentiality
• Experience of working within a football environment is desirable
• Work flexible hours as the Club requires, this will include matchday working evenings and weekends
• A full UK driving license is essential
How to apply
To apply please send your CV, (please including your current salary details and notice period) and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form , to email@example.com or Lucy Ford ,HR Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.