West Ham United Foundation are looking for a degree level candidate to assist the Head of Football Development and Head Teacher in supporting, planning, delivering and evaluating sport and educational programmes within Robert Clack School, Dagenham
• Enhance the education experience for students with difficulties in engaging within a classroom environment, by developing a Mentoring programme in conjunction with the behaviour and safety team within the school.
• Support students with GCSE core subjects (Maths, English and Science) within Robert Clack School.
• Deliver and evaluate Premier League programmes based at Robert Clack School.
• Delivery of high quality sports interventions with Robert Clack School and within the wider Barking and Dagenham area
• To supervise and support students ensuring protocols are followed at all times.
Specifically, the WHU Foundation Community Hub Officer will:
• Deliver high quality educational provision that is inclusive to all
• Develop a targeted mentoring programme in conjunction with the behaviour and safety team within the school.
• Support and enhance numeracy and literacy delivery
• Ensure the delivery of individual tailored programmes set by WHUF and key partners
• Develop & maintain effective and positive relationships with all partner and community organisations
• Deliver and maintain all Premier League reviewing processes and reporting twice yearly.
WHUF Community Hub Officer will be supported in their work by:
• Supervision in the workplace from Head of Football Development and Head Teacher.
• Supported in the workplace from the Football Development Officer and Head Teacher
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: –
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
• Higher Education qualification, or equivalent experience (D)
• An A Level in either English, Maths or Science (D)
• A to C GCSE in Maths, Science and English (E)
• Level 2 Sporting qualification (E)
• Level 3 sporting qualification (D)
• Safeguarding Awareness Training and First Aid Certificate (E)
• Enhanced DBS Check (E)
• A qualification in Mentoring young people (E)
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge
• Demonstrate an understanding of mentoring (E)
• Demonstrate a good understanding of how to engage young people (E)
• Demonstrate an understanding teaching and increasing learning within young people (E)
• Demonstrate an understanding of the national curriculum in numeracy and literacy (E)
• Has an understanding of relevant safeguarding policies and can demonstrate working closely with partner agencies around responding appropriately to safeguarding concerns (E)
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent (E)
• ICT Literate (E)
• Demonstrable skills in negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution (E)
• Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote sports
• Able to communicate with participants, partner agencies and the public . (E)
• Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work within deadlines (E)
• Flexible working in accordance with the requirements of the service which will (Einclude working evenings and weekends where applicable. (E)
• Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD (E)
• Ability to work independently, line manage, supervise and motivate team members (E)
• Strong commitment to quality service delivery (E)
• Ability to get on with a wide range of people (E)
• Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery and report writing (E)
Click here to Apply Online