Blackpool FC Community Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to organise and deliver a strand of our Community provision, which presently will involve the following projects:
• Football Fans in Training (FFIT)
• FFIT Phyz
• Changing Rooms
• Get Set 2 Go / Mental Health
• Any new projects within this strand that are developed
The successful candidate must have strong delivery experience and a strong knowledge of the programmes that will be managed.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered to a high standard and are working towards pre-defined KPIs.
• Undertake regular supervisions and appraisals with Line Manager.
• Provide reports as appropriate whilst working to tight deadlines.
• Undertake project evaluation and monitoring as required.
• Work with the comms team and delivery staff to ensure that each programme is marketed regularly, and any supporting promotional materials are prepared and are readily available.
• Attend related networks, meetings and events, supporting partnership and sharing good practice.
• Liaise with a range of key stakeholders to ensure effective engagement and participation.
• Keep accurate up to date filing systems, data and records relating to projects.
• Manage and account for any incomes generated through community sessions.
• Identify new areas of work based upon insight and evidence of need.
• Work alongside Blackpool FC to promote health, education and inclusion in a positive way to the wider community. To liaise with Blackpool FC in order to utilise club resources such as player appearances and marketing.
• To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post
• The post holder will be required to work evening and weekends, including match days, as the requirements of the job demands
• Will be required to demonstrate positive attitudes and values towards others and work in a non-discriminatory way
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude and strong focus on teamwork.
• Ability to effectively communicate with partners and people from all backgrounds.
• Ability to support people and maintain positive relationships with them.
• Focused on achievement, targets, and continuous improvement.
• A high degree of flexibility.
• Capable of presenting information, orally and in writing.
• Have skill to plan and organise information.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Competent IT skills.
• Full driving license and the use of a vehicle
• Safeguarding (can be completed after appointment if lapsed)
• First Aid (can be completed after appointment if lapsed)
• Relevant Degree Level Qualification or equivalent experience.
• FA Level 2 in coaching Football
Essential Knowledge • Knowledge of sports development and pathways / barriers from engagement to participation.
• Clear understanding of the National, Regional and Local Football Community Club Trust/Foundation framework and Blackpool FC Community Trust operations.
• Knowledge of processes to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Designing and developing schemes of work to a high standard.
• Organising groups based on development plans.
• Monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
• Achieving set targets and outputs.
• Project management.
Desirable • Experience of working in the Charitable sector
• Previous experience working at a Football Club Community Trust / Foundation
• Experiences of using sport and physical activity to achieve broader outcomes in a number of environments.
• Delivering marketing campaigns to recruit participants onto community and projects.
• Detailed knowledge of current and future funding streams and requirements.
• Additional Level 1 and/or 2 coaching qualifications in other sports.
Blackpool FC Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If this role involves the supervision of and work with children and young people or vulnerable adults you will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and clearance for work in football by The FA. As such, this post is exempt for the rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
As Blackpool FC Community Trust is a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstance we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included within the organisation in order to achieve their full potential. Blackpool FC Community Trust is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
You provide several pieces of data to us directly during the recruitment exercise. In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as employment agencies, former employers when gathering references.
Should you be successful in your job application, we will gather further information from you.
If you would like to know more about the data we collect and how we use the data please email email@example.com.
How to apply
Please request an application form from Jason White by email: Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01253 348691 to request a paper version.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 9th October 2019.
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS procedures.