The Commercial Manager will support the Commercial Director in the successful implementation of the Commercial Team’s strategic plan. This plan includes ambitious income targets from corporate sponsors as well as public and philanthropic fundraising which will require collaborative cross team working and a flexible and entrepreneurial approach from all Commercial Team members.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing all aspects of specific BPA corporate partnerships to ensure they deliver demonstrable value for the BPA and the partner which could include, for example, the delivery of certain partnership activities such as athlete appearances, approving above the line and below the line partnership materials, and providing support for partner employee engagement or fundraising activities.
• Playing an active role in the renewals process for BPA’s corporate partnerships including scoping options, developing written materials and participating in the negotiations process alongside the Commercial Director
• To act as a senior member of the Commercial Team, advising and contributing to wider team activity and representing commercial interests to the wider BPA as required.
• Manage the Commercial Officer to ensure their appropriate contribution to the successful achievement of the Commercial Team’s goals.
• Manage the following areas of expertise relevant to the work of the entire Commercial Team, applying expertise to support cross team activities and the Commercial Team’s objectives.
• Support the management of the protection of the BPA’s Commercial brand and Intellectual Property (IP), especially in Games time.
• Where required and when opportunities arise, support the Philanthropy team in identification, cultivation and stewardship of major donors
The BPA is the lead organisation responsible for the Paralympic movement in the UK. We focus on creating the best environment for our athletes as part of ParalympicsGB to perform at summer and winter Paralympic Games. With Paralympic sport in the spotlight like never before, we believe we can build on that to deliver our vision ‘Through sport inspire a better world for disabled people’.
The BPA is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, race, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability, or socio-economic background than any other.
Disabled applicants meeting the minimum requirement of the role will be offered an interview. Please indicate in your cover letter if this may be applicable to your application.
How to apply
For details of the person specification download the Job Description and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form from the British Paralympic Association’s website – http://bit.ly/BPACommercialManager Please send a role specific cover letter, completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, CV and indication of current salary to Eleanor Edson, Corporate Services Officer, at email@example.com All enquiries are to be directed to the email listed and no phone enquiries will be taken.