The school intends to develop the strength and breadth of sport and physical activity provision for its students, families and the local community. We are looking to employ a number of casual sport and physical activity coaches with a view to maintaining a team of people to deliver in-school, extra-curricular and holiday activities based around the facilities at St John’s Beaumont.
Individuals with experience of, and the necessary qualifications to coach a specific, or variety of sport and physical activities to children, young people and adults are required. Any applicant who can prove (by provision of certificates and references) their initial suitability to join our team will be given the opportunity to demonstrate that they are right for our organisation by way of a practical coaching session.
The role of casual coach is an important position, around which the School will design sport and physical activity opportunities for students, parents, staff and members of the wider community. Team work is an essential aspect of the job, which also requires a responsible attitude, energy, patience and a passion to develop an interest in your sport.
• UKCC or equivalent Level 1 Coaching Qualification
• Attendance at Sports Coach UK or NGB Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop
• Ability to work flexibly, as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Fun and outgoing
• Hard worker
• Honest and reliable
• Innovative approach to developing new coaching activities, games and ideas
• UKCC or equivalent Level 2 Coaching Qualification
• Attendance at additional Sports Coach UK or NGB Continual Professional Development (CPD) workshops and seminars
• Suitable First Aid Qualification
• Approachable and well-mannered
• Experience of working with Children
• Experience of working with Young People
• Experience of working with Adults
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
An application form can be obtained by emailing the school secretary, Miss Buckley at email@example.com or the Headmaster’s PA, Ms Wisden at firstname.lastname@example.org.