Main Purpose of Job:
• To support learners through to the successful conclusion of their chosen training programme.
• To impart occupational skills to the learners to the level expected in their training programme.
• To assess learners for competence in their qualification as required by the awarding body.
• To ensure learners complete their training programme on target as agreed with the requirement staff and learners, as detailed on the individual learning plan.
• To achieve all personal targets set on time.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
• To agree an individual training programme with each learner, and monitor this to ensure that the learner is working to the targets agreed.
• To ensure that learners understand their rights and responsibilities with regard to their qualification
• To correctly interpret standards for BTEC Sport Diploma and Extended.
• To train, or arrange training for learners to ensure they have sufficient competence to successfully complete their training programme.
• To use appropriate lesson plans for teaching as determined by the Lead Internal Verifier.
• To identify valid, reliable and sufficient evidence to enable learners to complete their
• To identify and address gaps in achievement.
• To maintain a record of progress and achievement for each learner.
• To ensure that all learners have equal and fair access to the assessment process.
• To give constructive feedback on achievement and performance to learners.
• To meet regularly for standardisation and training with other Assessors and/or Internal Verifiers.
• To maintain personal and professional development and CPD to meet awarding body and contract requirements, and the changing demands of the job.
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of the job.
• To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the job role and/or as detailed in the staff handbook.
• To present a good image of Heart of England Training in all contacts, and to maintain constructive relationships.
• To apply the company’s safeguarding policy and practices.
• To support the company in ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
• To undertake the duties described in this job description in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees, learners and other contacts and is consistent with the company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
• To be aware of and follow the guidelines issued by the department of education under the Every Child Matters policy.
How to apply
Apply with a CV and covering statement to:
Heart of England Training
Suite 1, Eleven Arches House
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org