The Athlete Engagement Manager (AEM) position is a critical part of BAC’s day to day business. The AEM will look to build and maintain strong relationships with the BAC membership, sport Athlete Representatives (ARs), and other key stakeholders. The core purpose of this position is to provide insight, information and feedback on the athlete voice to inform organisational strategy and operational delivery; as well as being a key enabler in communicating and educating the BAC membership of the services the BAC provides.
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the performance targets, aims and objectives set by the BAC through the following:
• Developing excellent relationships with BAC members ensuring all athletes and sports have the appropriate support in place to establish and maintain active athlete committees/representation.
• Developing the BAC athlete network to ensure there are excellent communication links between the BAC and all athlete members and sports; ensuring appropriate visibility of BAC services and obtaining feedback on potential opportunities for increasing and improving service delivery.
• Co-ordinating and managing the delivery of BAC conferences, seminars and training events relevant to the athlete membership, together with the delivery of an annual athlete’s day.
• Developing and managing the BAC’s communications strategy and plan.
• To support the design and implementation of all athlete network activities including delivering workshops and other bespoke interventions within the sports environment.
• Obtain and record feedback from the athlete membership to the BAC Senior Management Team.
• Work collaboratively with the BAC Athlete Support Team to ensure that all athlete members, particularly ARs are up to date with the services the BAC provides.
• Ensure best practice is shared across the AR network.
• Managing the AR Network database by building and maintaining a live database of current NGB Athlete Reps and highlighting both gaps and opportunities for sports.
• To play an active role as a member of the BAC, participating positively in discussion and decisions relating to the BAC’s future strategy and associated programmes and projects (with particular reference to the AR Network).
• Manage and be the point of contact for the BAC Athlete Ambassadors.
• Manage and deliver all communications coming from the BAC, including social media and website activity alongside athlete and stakeholder newsletters.
• To ensure processes of monitoring, evaluation and quality control, and the observation of key performance indicators across all responsibility areas. To maintain detailed records of engagement with NGB’s and athlete reps.
• To attend all meetings, workshops and seminars, whether internal or external, regional, national or overseas, which are reasonably deemed to be relevant to the fulfilment of the demands and responsibilities of this role.
• To maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with stakeholders and colleagues.
• To follow Health & Safety procedures laid down by the Company in order to ensure the safety of self, colleagues and others.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation through appropriate processes of consultation and the mutual agreement of both parties.
• Undergraduate degree or similar-level qualification
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of the specific performance requirements and needs of elite athletes.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of the structure of high-performance sport.
• Strong project management and presentation skills demonstrating the ability to engage and influence thinking.
• Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office packages.
• Experience of working in high performance sport, either as an athlete or support staff member.
• Relevant Welfare and Safeguarding training qualifications.
• Experience of working collaboratively with UK sporting agencies (e.g., UK Sport, Home Nation Sports Councils / Sports Institutes, UKAD).
• Experience of transferring knowledge (lessons identified and learned experience) across different sports/organisations/sectors)
• Experience and expertise in the field of communications and/or marketing.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALITIES
• Innovative and self-assured, able to work alone and self-manage.
• Ability to build strong professional relationships.
• Ability to actively listen and be empathetic.
• Well organised with the skills to prioritise workload effectively.
• Working with integrity and honesty to gain the confidence and respect of others.
• Committed, enthusiastic and motivated.
• Willingness to accept and encourage constructive challenges.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
PROCESS AND TIMELINES:
Maximum of 36 hours per week which may include work in evenings and on weekends and public holidays, as required. The BAC would be willing to consider this role as a part-time position depending on the applicant’s circumstances and requirements of role.
• First stage interviews will be held in London on Thursday 19th September 2019.
• Possible second stage interviews to be held on Wednesday 25th September 2019.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com