The role holder will develop and deliver key projects within the events department. These key projects include the ukactive awards programmes, planning and delivering the events sponsorship plan, and overseeing the delivery of the events programme. The Senior Events Officer will work alongside the Events Manager ensuring all ukactive events are delivered to deadline and within budget.
ukactive has built up an events programme which includes its flagship events; The Flame Conference and National Summit as well as many UK wide seminars and industry awards. In order to deliver on the organisation’s ambitious growth strategy, the organisation is seeking a dynamic individual who will be responsible for the expansion of the projects within the events team and to support of the creation and implementation of a full events programme for the year that truly reflects the needs of the broader membership base.
This role relies on excellent organisation and communication skills, the ability to motivate people and to deliver all areas of large scale projects. This role will be reporting into the Events Manager.
Overview of the role:
1. Manage and deliver ukactive awards; the Flame Awards and Active Training Awards.
2. Plan and deliver new projects & events from proposal right through to event delivery
3. Identifying sponsorship opportunities and securing sponsorship for ukactive events
4. Manage income & expenditure for ukactive events, supporting the Events manager in overseeing profitability from all events to ensure sales & sponsorship targets are achieved for key projects.
1. Plan and deliver ukactive awards; the Flame Awards & Active Training Awards
2. Plan and deliver the sponsorship strategy for ukactive events, from writing proposals and meeting with senior decision makers to achieve event sponsorship targets
3. Maintain Events project budgets and support the Events Manager in overseeing event’s profitability from all events.
4. Achievement of KPI’s set for the project/events assigned.
5. Provide daily management support to the Events Manager to ensure all areas of the events programme are delivered, taking a key role in overseeing and delivering events.
6. Plan and develop content and speaker programmes at key events; such as the ukactive Flame Conference.
7. Cascade information for all events to the Events Manager and Executive team.
8. Communicate, maintain and develop client and supplier relationships.
9. Maintain the ukactive vision and mission across all events.
10. Plan and implement operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Excellent organisational, logistical and administrative skills
– Excellent budget management skills
– Excellent planning & time management skills – reliability to hit all deadlines as per the events plan
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Ability to achieve income targets, through ticket sales and sponsorship of events
– Ability to lead, manage, engage and motivate a team to deliver
– Ability to develop effective working relationships with senior management and CEOs with sensitivity and respect
– Three to four years event management experience.
– Experience in independently planning & managing events.
– Experience of managing awards; from initial planning, entries process, managing assessment of entries, identifying finalists & winners through to final arrangement for the event.
– Experience of achieving sponsorship targets, including, creating proposals and meeting with key decision makers
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering email referencing ukactive/EVENTS/SEO/0116 in the email subject, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 4th 2016.
For more information, please contact Christina Edscer on 020 7400 8624