The sportscotland institute of sport is working with Scottish Target Shooting Performance Programme and is currently looking to engage World Class Shotgun Performance Coaches (Trap, Double Trap and Skeet) to train Scottish athletes in their preparations to compete successfully at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games and to gain selection to British Shooting teams. The Coaches will deliver coaching to key athletes in a training environment and also at competitions around the world as they prepare for the Games.
• An internationally recognised coaching qualification e.g ISSF and/or a proven track record of coaching and improving performance athletes.
• The ability to lead and deliver quality practice to the Scottish athletes.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Experience of selecting athletes for teams and competitions.
• Passion for the sport and for Scottish success.
• This Contract for Services role is available until 31 March 2017 and will be reviewed thereafter with a view to extension through to 30 April 2018 subject to agreement.
• Requires up to 50 days per year which will be paid at a daily rate of £170. Reasonable travelling and other expenses will be paid in line with sportscotland’s Expenses Policy.
• The successful Performance Coaches will work directly with the Shooting Performance Programme Manager, the Assistant Performance Manager (Shotgun) and the sportscotland High Performance Manager for Shooting.
• There will be an expectation that the Performance Coaches will perform necessary administrative duties in line with the role.
• It may be possible for one Performance Coach to fulfil one or more of these posts but this would be dependent upon experience and the capacity of the individual to manage potentially conflicting schedules.
How to apply
Please note your interest, clearly indicating which post(s) you are applying for, by submitting a CV outlining your coaching experience and skills for the position(s) to Craig Faill (firstname.lastname@example.org).