Head of Academy Athletic Development
Full Time (40 hours)
Flexible, including home and away fixtures
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy.
Swansea City Football Club are recruiting a “Lead Academy Strength and Conditioning” to join our performance team, in particular the U9-U16s age groups.
The ideal candidate will contribute towards the long term athletic development of all academy players and work with the football coaches, performance team, physiotherapists and other support staff to deliver an elite service adopting an holistic approach to improving performance.
• Full time management of the U9-U16s Squads.
• Lead and develop the athletic development curriculum of the U9-U16s.
• Program, lead and coach the strength and conditioning sessions of the U9-U16s, which includes mobility, strength, power, speed and movement competency.
• Lead and develop the monitoring and periodization of the U9-U16s.
• Lead U16s match day support that includes warm up and cool downs.
• Lead U16s end stage rehabilitation.
• Lead management and development of the internship students for U9-U16s.
• Plan and coach warm up sessions which align with the technical and physical theme of the day.
• Assist with the strength and conditioning sessions of the pro-phase.
• Assist with the field based and growth maturation testing protocols of all academy players
• Assist with the programming of rehabilitation programmes of the academy players.
• Assist with the programming and delivery injury reduction programmes.
• Complete daily PMA records.
• Take part in external and internal CPD, and contribute to the evolution of the current program
• Follow all Club Policies, such as Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption & Bribery and GDPR.
• Make suggestions to improve the working environment and contribute to positive employee relations within your area of work and Swansea City Football Club as a whole.
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• To comply with all aspects of the Swansea City Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety.
• Ensure effective communication within your work team and across Swansea City whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree (2:1 minimum) in Sport and Exercise Science or sports related discipline.
• Master’s degree in a Strength and Conditioning or related.
• Hold or currently undertaking BASES Accreditation.
• Attendance of UKSCA Workshops
• Experience of working in a strength and conditioning setting with young elite athletes.
• Experience of working in a football academy.
• Valid FA First Aid and or Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification
• FA Safeguarding certificate.
• Excellent understanding of monitoring and managing peak height velocity.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiency within a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Empathy with young people and their challenges
• A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual
• UKSCA accreditation or ability to achieve in 12 months.
• Understanding of football movement.
• Playing experience to a high level in football.
• Excellent Microsoft office skills.
• Competent in operating industry specific equipment and software including Opto jump,Force plates, Nordboard.
Please note this role will require an Enhanced DBS Check
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Swansea City AFC strives to ensure it provides an environment where everyone’s rights, dignity and individual worth is respected and takes a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination. Equal Opportunity is an integral part of our recruitment and selection process, and we welcome applications from all individuals who feel they meet the core requirements of the role. We are particularly encouraging applications from women, disabled people and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals who are currently under-represented within the organisation.
All appointments will be made on merit of skill and experience relative to the role.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company’s recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency, and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Swansea City AFC reserve the right to remove this advert.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview
How to apply
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position, please complete the Application Form available at https://secure.rightsignature.com/templates/85e45a70-1aa8-4a22-977c-577871cbcc42/template-signer-link/5f6a4ff25135e9174a1e1cef34e99e1c or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Please note CV’s will not be accepted.