Commonwealth Games England (CGE) is responsible for preparing and delivering the England Team at the Commonwealth Games and Commonwealth Youth Games. Our core purposes are to lead and manage the participation of Team England and to deliver excellent performance and support environments.
The Games Delivery Coordinator will work closely with CGE’s Sport Team to provide support on key Games delivery projects for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
The Games Delivery Coordinator must have a level of flexibility as the working environment and remit changes each month as Games time nears. They must also have an engaging manner in their approach to working with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Support the Accreditation Manager in the planning of and build phase of the accreditation portal
* Support the Accreditation Manager to onboard new staff that will join the Accreditation team
* Working closely with National Governing Bodies (NGBs), support Team Leaders on all accreditation and administrative requirements
* In conjunction with the Accreditation team, support the management of our accreditation inbox and hotline phone number
* Run reports from the system to understand any gaps in data being submitted, and follow up with NGBs for missing data
* As required, work with individual Team Leaders to schedule training sessions to help support them in the use of the system and to input their data
* Work closely with the Sport team to finalise sport entries and submit them to the Organising Committee systems ahead of Games
* Support the Sport Manager on the delivery of Birmingham Ready
* Support on the logistics and operational requirements for Team Leader Workshops, including accommodation, conferencing spaces, catering and transport
* Support the wider team to coordinate the logistics and operational requirements of any Pre-Games preparation and training camps that take place
* Oversee and share information to the team as required for Sport Calendars & Birmingham ‘ones to watch’ weekly updates from one year to go including Games time scheduling
* Transfer of knowledge
Key Attributes of the Role:
* A good understanding of and interest in sport
* Experience of working or volunteering within a sporting event environment
* Have a strong understanding of a team ethic
* Ability to operate well under pressure and plan and manage time effectively
* Highly organised with meticulous planning skills
* A confident and clear communicator
This is a fixed term full-time contract to 30 September 2022.
The full job description is at https://teamengland.org/media/docs/Games%20Delivery%20Coordinator%20JD.pdf
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com Please also complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JPW2HYJ when you apply.