JOB PURPOSE – Wycombe Wanderers Football Club is currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic First Team Assistant Physiotherapist who is seeking to advance their career within the Medical Department of First Team professional football club.
The role is ideal for a Physiotherapist who is looking to further their careers in professional sport and will be integrated and learn within an experienced medical team under the guidance of the Head of Medical, work closely within the First Team department.
The role will give the opportunity to develop the applicants’ musculoskeletal, manual therapy, pitch side and rehabilitation skills as well as the provision of appropriate injury management, rehabilitation and injury prevention.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all First Team players and produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players.
• Organise and oversee comprehensive movement screening assessments.
• Prescribe and implement evidence based treatment and rehabilitation plans under guidance
• Take part in in daily meetings between medical and coaching staff
• Undertake regular maintenance of non-injured players
• Create injury plans for injured players
• Create post injury summaries for learning and development
• Assist in developing evidence based protocols
• Carry out injury prevention strategies for all players
• Accompany players to medical appointments and off site treatments
• Provide pitch side cover for training and matches as and when required
• Document and ensure up to date medical records are maintained
• Assist the medical team with admin obligations and injury audits
• Carry out any other duties as and when required
• Degree in Physiotherapy with a minimum of 2:1
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in sport
• Member of HCPC and MCSP or equivalent insurance provider
• Previous work experience in sporting environment
• Extensive knowledge of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies
• First Aid qualification (ATMMiF highly desirable)
• Full UK driving licence (highly desirable)
How to apply
Applications are being invited by the submission of a current CV (maximum of 2 pages) and Covering Letter (maximum 1 page), to include current remuneration, via e-mail only to Kelly.Francis@wwfc.com clearly stating the position you are applying for.