• To develop and deliver a community and events fundraising plan that maximises the ethical and sustainable generation of funds for Sport in Mind
• To support and enable our wonderful fundraisers and inspire new supporters to raise money for the Sport in Mind, always ensuring they receive the best possible supporter experience.
• To work as part of the wider Sport in Mind team and contribute to shared income targets
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Head of Business to develop and implement a Community and Events Fundraising Plan, delivering on specific fundraising projects and campaigns in line with the organisational strategy
• To engage with, motivate, inspire, and support our amazing supporters, potential supporters, volunteers, and donors
• Manage and develop Sport in Mind’s supporter base, both online and offline, to maximise fundraising, increase engagement and ensure a high level of donor retention
• Provide high quality supporter care and engagement throughout all forms of communication and interaction with supporters. Ensuring they are acknowledged and thanked in a timely manner so they feel valued by Sport in Mind and all relationships are maximised to their full potential
• Plan and deliver engaging events and campaigns to increase the number of donors and fundraisers across all mass market fundraising products and ways of giving (including cash and regular gifts, in memory, challenge events, local and community fundraising, legacies)
• Work with the Head of Business to develop and deliver the community fundraising budget. Report on income and take proactive steps to address any shortfalls/overspends and to capitalise on opportunities, ensuring the team achieves its fundraising goals.
• Evaluate and report back on events and campaigns, providing a monthly report reviewing income and trends against agreed targets and make recommendations/ take action for any activity that is under or over performing in a timely manner
• Embed our brand and Sport in Mind’s unique tone of voice in all content and communications.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop appropriate marketing plans to maximise all Fundraising income streams, ensuring all activities are added to the Marketing Activity Planner and provide community fundraising content for marketing materials
• Ensure all Community and Event Fundraising activity is safe, legal, and compliant, following necessary Fundraising Regulator and Health & Safety guidance and policy, and by completing risk assessments where appropriate for Sport in Mind activity
• Manage the charity’s CRM system
• Manage relationships with Fundraisers to maximise income, and relationships with Corporates, Major Donors, Trusts and Foundations to maximise income, where appropriate
• Demonstrate a clear return on investment (ROI) from all activities
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the CEO with support from the Trustee Board.
• Full, valid driving licence
• Experience in Community and/or Event Fundraising and delivering income generating activity
• Proven track record of fundraising and generating substantial income
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge and experience of the implementation of fundraising regulations and codes of practice
• Knowledge of individual online giving platforms (eg JustGiving, etc)
• Experience in creating, building and maintaining strong relationships.
• Experience in executing and developing customer engagement strategies.
• Budget management.
• Supporter engagement and care
• Awareness of General Data Protection Regulations
• Knowledge and experience of using CRM systems.
• Completing Risk Assessments
Essential Skills and Values
• Great communicator, able to present credibly and professionally. Attention to detail. Structured approach, organising work, managing
deadlines and priorities. A people person who is proactive with a ‘hands-on’ and ‘can-do’ attitude
• An innovative thinker who can bring creative ideas to life.
• Ability to manage, negotiate, motivate and enthuse individuals and groups
• Confident on the telephone and face to face with the ability to interact with a diverse range of people.
How to apply
To apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org