1. To support vulnerable people experiencing mental health problems access Sport in Mind interventions and NHS physical health checks in Berkshire West
Designation of Post and Position within Service
1. Responsible to Service Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support people experiencing mental health problems access Sport in Mind interventions
2. Help reduce loneliness and isolation by using sport and physical activity as a tool to empower people out of their homes
3. Signpost and support people to attend physical health checks
4. Support people to get active: on a one-to-one basis (walking, playing sport, exercising) in a small, supported group environment, at regular Sport in Mind session, or by helping help them transition back into mainstream physical activity provision
5. Signpost and support people to attend alcohol or smoking cessation groups
6. Signpost and support people to attend weight management groups
7. Signpost and support people to attend appointments (health related, training, education)
8. Promote Sport in Mind’s services, the benefits of sport on mental health and psychoeducation
9. Educate people about the benefits of healthy eating and being hydrated using Sport in Mind Journals
10. Provide supportive and informative practices for people accessing sessions, empowering them to attend
11. Complete and ensure all service users have completed relevant and necessary paperwork that complies to GDPR.
12. Complete data entry for sessions where required, ensuring all relevant data is collected.
13. Attend and support internal and external events when appropriate and necessary.
14. Support with ad-hock charitable matters eg stock, shop, supporting tournaments
15. Be committed to good practice and ensure familiarity with all Sport in Mind policies and procedures (eg health & safety, confidentiality and safeguarding)
16. To promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work by developing and maintaining relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity.
Special/Other Requirements/Responsibilities of this Post
– Enhanced DBS check
– Working with vulnerable adults
1. Relevant experience / qualifications
1. At least a year’s experience working with vulnerable diverse communities
2. Health & safety and safeguarding
3. Empowering people to create behaviour change
4. Working with highly confidential information and following GDPR
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
1. Ability to think and work creatively whilst supporting others
2. Highly organised – effective administration skills
3. Excellent communication, written and verbal
4. Excellent interpersonal skills, empathetic
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
6. Excellent delivery of health and safety and safeguarding procedures
7. Excellent motivational skills
8. Good computer literacy
Specific Working Requirements
1. Work will be based in the Sport in Mind office, community and home.
2. Able to work unsocial hours including weekend, bank holidays and occasional evenings where appropriate.
3. Must bring a positive and enthusiastic image to the service you provide.
4. Commitment to policies and procedures including equal opportunities.
5. Willing and able to travel to different locations where necessary
How to apply
To apply please contact: email@example.com