An opportunity exists for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach to join the staff at Wasps RFC.
• Assist in the delivery of conditioning training sessions to the Wasps Senior First Team Playing Squad.
• Deliver best practice Strength and Conditioning to the Wasps Senior Squad.
• Work in line with the Wasps Strength and Conditioning philosophy and curriculum as stipulated by senior departmental staff members.
• Assist with the scheduling and session delivery of injured players as required.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all key personnel, colleagues and players as well as outside the organisation, in order to support and promote Wasps.
• To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD program with a bias towards Player Rehabilitation.
• To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the post-holders capabilities.
Attributes & Behaviours:
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others and takes pride in the achievement of team objectives.
• Creates and maintains positive relationship with players to support their physical development needs.
• A strong commitment to professional development. Shares ideas and information
• Holder of a certified Strength and Conditioning / Sport Science specialist certification or related qualification (e.g. CSCS, BASES, UKSCA, BWL or similar) or willingness to work towards attainment.
• BSc in Sport Science / Kinesiology or similar, or willingness to work towards attainment.
• This a role comes with a high delivery bias, (with no assigned prescription, player training direction advice or content design), therefore a highly motivated and personable individual with a strong presence is essential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook) and Apple iWorks (Keynote/Numbers/Pages/Calendar).
• Evidence of working in elite sport for a minimum of three years.
• Personal experience and understanding of the scientific demands of elite level rugby.
• Residence within 50-mile radius of Coventry
• Have worked in a Premiership Rugby environment or equivalent for a minimum of three years at Senior Squad level
• Holder of a Accredited First Aid Qualification, or willingness to work towards attainment.
• MSc in Sports Science/Kinesiology or equivalent
• This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Wasps promotes equal opportunities in employment and welcomes all applications from people who meet the requirement of the job description.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter to Jo.Field@wasps.co.uk quoting “Assistant Strength & Conditioning-Wasps”