Rugby Players’ Association (RPA)
The Rugby Players’ Association (RPA) is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England which was established in 1998 to look after the interests of all professional players, from Academy players to the superstars of the international game. The RPA offers members Player Welfare and Representation services as well as a comprehensive Player Development Programme to help prepare them for life after rugby. The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since February 2004.
Role and Purpose:
The Finance Assistant will report directly to the Finance & HR Director with the overall purpose of the day-to-day processing of all accounting entries and assistance in the preparation of monthly accounts.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Preparation of Monthly accounts up to trial balance (before adjustments)
• Processing payments for the purchase ledger and all transactions relating to sales ledger
• Dealing with supplier queries via email and telephone contact
• Prepare bank reconciliations
• Processing all transactions through SAGE accounting software in line with deadlines
• Processing and reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
• Reconciling of company fixed asset register
• Issuing and reconciling company petty cash.
• Posting agreed journals
• Raising customer invoices/chasing overdue payments
• Dealing with ad-hoc duties
Skills & Experience required
• Have a minimum of 12 months experience in a similar accounts assistant or finance related position
• Experience with using Sage Line 50 Accounts and processing accounting entries
• Ability to work independently and proactively within tight deadlines
• Effective use of all Microsoft Office programs
• Good attention to detail, self-starter and determination to succeed.
How to apply
If this role is of interest, please email your CV with a covering letter to smunday@theRPA.co.uk