About Sky Blues in the Community (SBitC):
Based at the Ricoh Arena Stadium, we are the official charity arm of Coventry City Football Club. This puts us in a unique position to address local priorities and national issues using the branding of the football club to impact positively in our community. We see it as our responsibility to utilise our position for the benefit of the local community across Coventry and Warwickshire and have a positive impact in our local area.
The post holder is responsible for leading on the delivery of a range of activities offered by Sky Blues in the Community across four core themes (Sport, Health, Inclusion and Education). The Senior Coach will work across designated projects and activities ensuring that they are delivered to the highest standards (such as Premier League Primary Stars, Primary PE & School Sport and Football Development Centres). The main purpose of this role is to be at the forefront of community engagement, representing Sky Blues in the Community and Coventry City Football Club in a professional manner whilst providing unique opportunities and an excellent experience for all beneficiaries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with relevant Managers/Coordinators/Officers to provide a coherent approach to activity delivery.
• Plan, deliver, monitor and measure SBitC’s activities.
• Carry out all necessary administrative and financial duties – monitoring and maintaining accurate records.
• Work in line with SBitC’s aims and objectives as a charity.
• Support the design and development and implementation SBitC’s activities.
• Develop and maintain knowledge relevant to the role – particularly in relation to guidelines, policies and practices of appropriate sporting and non-sporting bodies (e.g. The FA, Public Health England, Department for Education, etc).
• Maintain qualifications relevant to the post.
• Lead on the day-to-day delivery of a portfolio of SBitC’s activities.
• Prepare for and deliver high-quality activities (sessions, lessons, etc).
• Work with Managers/Coordinators/Officers to support design and development of activities.
• Work as a team, effectively supervising, mentoring and directing colleagues (coaches and volunteers) where appropriate.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders (partners and customers).
• Contribute to the marketing and communication of SBitCs activities.
• Raise awareness of activities through attending local community events and Coventry City Football Club matchdays.
• Utilise social media to promote activities and communicate with the local community.
• Represent SBitC and Coventry City Football Club in a professional manner at all times.
• Carry out duties in line with SBitC policies & procedures (with a commitment to Safeguarding).
• Conduct self in line with the SBitC organisational values.
• Be committed to continuous professional development relevant to the post.
• Undertake other duties from time to time to commensurate with the grade of post.
PLEASE NOTE: Roles and responsibilities may change in line with organisational requirements.
Download a full copy of the Role Description and Person Specification from: http://www.sbitc.org/about-us/vacancies/
How to apply
To apply for the position, please download and complete an application form from: http://www.sbitc.org/about-us/vacancies/
Please submit completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Hiedi Sloan on 024 7678 6371.
Closing date for applications is 5:00pm on Friday 17th November 2017
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd November 2017 (you must be available for interview).