ITSOE – IT Service operations and engineering – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision, we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world. Maersk Line offers a competitive salary and good benefits package (details dependent on working location)
ITSOE is expanding and maturing its service management capability, which supports Maersk Group business processes and the 89,000 employees. The Problem Management function will provide a best-practice capability to identify the root causes of problems within the Maersk environments and identify and manage solutions to remove or reduce those underlying risks.
To manage record and manage problems through to resolution by performing root cause analysis, coordinating 3rd party analysis, and communicating with service owners to ensure workaround and solution suitability.
Assist with Major Incidents by providing root cause analysis of the underpinning infrastructure, to find workarounds or resolutions to restore service.
Perform pro-active analysis of technical data to identify underlying problems, which have yet to be identified.
To lead by example, providing thought leadership in continual service improvement to process, support & technology
To manage and continuously improve the problem management processes
To manage behaviours, supporting and promoting Maersk culture and values
We are looking for
1. Work with Major Incident Management, Incident Management, Event Management, Availability, CSI, Capacity Management and Technical functions as required in the execution of problem management
2. Manage and take ownership of problems to ensure these are logged, categorised, analysed and resolved as required and to the agreed process
3. Act as an escalation point for problems requiring management assistance to progress
4. Act as “chair” where required for Problem Management forums and meetings
5. Manage Suppliers in relation to Problem Management • Ensure all participants in the problem management process do so effectively and to the sufficient level of quality and depth
6. Drive Data Quality ensuring the full Problem lifecycle is closed out correctly and to the right level of detail
7. Ensure KEDB and Know Error articles are created, maintained and retired as appropriate to the problem lifecycle
8. Ensure KEDB utilisation is managed and highly utilised by working with Incident and Major Incident teams to track effectiveness in reduction of disruption through documented workarounds
9. Manage the interface between Problem Management and CSI to ensure the correct actions are being provided to CSI for CSIP inclusion
Please click here to Apply Online