Primary Purpose of Position
You will be responsible for implementing and delivering an Events strategy across JudoScotland (JS), to encompass (though not exclusively) the following types of events: competitive; non-competitive; educational; continuing professional development; and other member-oriented events. You will look to improve the member experience by delivering a programme of events to achieve higher customer engagement across JS and will look to support the Business delivery team (BDT) in the planning and delivery of BDT event(s) plans through insight, deployment, reporting and evaluation. You will ensure that the impact of these events is maximised to promote the JS brand on the ground to its fullest potential.
1. To be responsible for implementing and delivering an Events strategy across JudoScotland (JS), to encompass (though not exclusively) the following types of events: competitive; non-competitive; educational; continuing professional development; and other member-oriented events.
2. To improve member experience by delivering a programme of events to achieve customer (member) engagement across JS;
3. To own the annual ‘Events’ calendar, ensuring the overall programme is aligned to business goals, performance and other Business delivery Team (BDT) areas;
4. To support the BDT in the planning and delivery of BDT events plans through insight, deployment, reporting and evaluation;
5. To deliver events in a timely manner and to ensure consistent messages are provided to key stakeholders;
6. To attend JS events with a responsibility for (though not exclusively): branding; managing set-up/pull down; and coordinating volunteers as and when necessary;
7. To work with the BDT and business support team (BST) and to lead on all aspects of the events programme and delivery, to include (though not exclusively): print; promotions; volunteer recruitment and management; event logistics; liaison with facilities; liaison with other event partners; and with an emphasis on continual event development;
8. To work with the BST to maximise the potential of the website and other social media outlets in the organisation and promotion of events;
9. To coordinate the office procedures relating to JS events organisation, to include (though not exclusively): entry procedures; programme production; product and service procurement;
10. To establish and work with local event coordinating group(s) for each event;
11. To review the relevant organisation handbook(s) and/or checklist(s) and to work through these for each event;
12. To work with BDT and BST to ensure the requirements of sponsors and advertisers are met and exceeded at events;
13. To implement appropriate monitoring systems across the Business Delivery Team;
14. To report on a monthly basis to the Head of Business Delivery.
15. To undertake other activity as directed by the Head of Business Delivery or Chief Executive Officer.
16. To adhere to the JS financial procedures manual;
17. To maintain financial records in accordance with the JS’s financial policies and procedures.
General, Administration and Corporate Governance
18. To promote a positive image of JS in all dealings with internal and external contacts;
19. To maximise the resources of JS at all times;
20. To protect confidential information and adhere to the policies, procedures and processes of JS;
21. To uphold the core values of and positively promote JS as the national governing body for Judo-in-Scotland at all times;
22. To operate within the JS Equal Opportunities policies and strive to achieve any required equality targets;
23. To contribute to, and/or staff JS event(s) where required;
24. To be willing to work outside normal office hours including weekends and evenings as and when required in order to meet the requirements of the job;
25. To conduct other appropriate duties across the organisation as requested by the Head of Business Delivery or Chief Executive Officer.
How to apply
31. Applicants are asked to submit:
a. A copy of their Curriculum Vitae and;
b. A covering letter outlining their reason for applying, along with their skills, personal qualities and experiences against the tasks and duties of the advertised role.
32. These should be forwarded under confidential cover to:
a. Via email : email@example.com [with the email subject: “BDT Recruitment (Events)”]
b. Via post: Recruitment (BDT Recruitment (Events) 2017), JudoScotland, South Platt Hill, Ratho, Newbridge, Edinburgh, EH28 8AA.
33. The closing date for applications will be 1200 hours on Wednesday 29 November 2017.
34. Please note that applicants being short-listed for interview will be contacted by 1600 hours on Friday 1 December 2017. If we have not contacted you by this date, regrettably you have not been short-listed on this occasion and JudoScotland would like to thank you for your time and interest in the advertised position.
35. Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 4 December 2017.
36. For an informal discussion on the post you can contact Tony Penfold, Head of Business Delivery on: 0131 333 2981 (office), or 07949 888074 (mobile).