To assist the Events Manager in delivery of the London Youth Games programme. After your initial induction, your role will include the following responsibilities as listed below. The post-holder will be responsible for both events administration and delivery. This is a busy and rewarding role, and you must be extremely organised with great time management and a passion for delivering high quality events.
• Prepare timelines and schedules for the events.
• Collate necessary Health and Safety documentation for each event.
• Produce event paperwork including production schedules, site plans and branding plans in advance.
• Work with the wider LYG team to understand the requirements of each competition to ensure smooth delivery of each competition.
• Communicate with venues, suppliers, and contractors ahead of event days with relevant information and guides to prepare them for the event.
• Pack equipment for each event.
• Work with the Events Manager to deliver successful events.
• Set up and break down site at each event including signage, branding, and some sports equipment.
• Able to monitor and react to potential Health and Safety risks and hazards around site.
• Support on venue, medical and security liaison.
• Monitor and enhance the participant experience on site.
• React to any enquiries or concerns and escalate where appropriate.
• Support the Events volunteers and ensure everyone has a clear role and is fully briefed to undertake it.
Post Event Days
• Pack equipment back into storage neatly.
• Return any equipment if borrowed.
• Ensure de-brief meetings are booked in, relevant feedback is captured and documentation is completed
• Manage the Event Team filing and administrative processes.
• Support the wider team, and organisation, with other tasks where required
• Store management and inventory
• Take responsibility for coordinating VIP invitations and receptions at events.
• Be a positive and proactive member of the LYG team.
For more information, please go to our website www.londonyouthgames.org/JoinTheTeam and read the Job Specification (Downloads).
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the role and detailing why you are interested, to email@example.com by 17:00 on Friday 17th November 2017