Maersk Line is the world’s largest shipping company. Delivering the highest level of customer service, we are consistently recognised as the most reliable container shipping liner.
Our business is growing, which is why we are looking for enthusiastic client service professionals to join our Customer Care team.
Within shipping and logistics proactive communication and a constant information flow towards customers is key.
Maersk Line is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation has guided our business operations since 1904. By remaining committed to that vision, we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier.
– This role is great for an individual who thrives within a fast paced, performance driven environment. This is very dynamic position, operating in both a domestic and international environment. With an exposure to internal and external stakeholders, you will be part of a talented, diverse team. Where your voice and ideas will be heard and you can make a difference.
– This role will provide constant challenge, and the scope to learn in an open and friendly atmosphere. It is an opportunity to join a company that values employees with a great focus on continuous improvement and personal development.
– To be considered for this role, candidates must have the existing right to live and work in the UK.
– As a global company with over 100 years’ experience in shipping, Maersk Line offers excellent benefits to employees, including a competitive pension scheme, health insurance and free onsite restaurant, plus much more. Working within Customer Care, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of Maersk Line, a leading provider within the Shipping industry.
– You will be the owner of all customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions. Showing pride and passion, customer satisfaction and loyalty will be maintained through the immediate and correct handling of escalated situations and complaints across several communication channels.
– Working with the Maersk Line Global Service Centre (based in Mumbai, India), you will ensure the smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle and high quality service levels are maintained for the customer. Through proactive and efficient teamwork, you will reduce the need for service recovery.
– You will take full responsibility for the customer experience by managing the end to end shipment process in compliance with all company procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes, remaining current on changes in local & foreign rules, internal & external procedures and product developments, on order to build and maintain understanding of the cargo you are shipping.
– Delivering proactive customer service, you will track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the schedule, including potential solutions or alternatives.
– Where there is a risk to the customer experience, address root cause and constantly seeking ways to improve our service.
– Acting as a primary contact for customers, you will actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business, service needs and drivers.
– In addition to attending to customers enquiries about the company products, services and process, you will use your relationship building skills to engage your customers in discussions about new business opportunities.
We are looking for
– With a strong customer service background, you will have proven success in a similar role.
– You will have a passion of customer satisfaction and service excellence. Shipping experience is not essential.
– With the ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, you will be someone who can eliminate roadblocks and maintain focus.
– A flair for learning quickly when facing new problems, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and tech savvy.
– Motivated by achieving results, and accustomed to high performance KPIs.
– A strong commercial awareness, you will secure Sales through Service whilst also actively seeking opportunities to help grow the business.
– An excellent communicator (on the phone, face to face, and written) who relates well to all kinds of people (both internal and external).
– The ability to build appropriate rapport, and use of diplomacy and tact to defuse high tension situations comfortably.
– Not rigid in approach; comfortable in a changing environment, flexible and open to new ways of working.
– You will have a high sense of responsibility; personally committed to and actively working towards continuously improving yourself.
– Someone who genuinely cares about people, is concerned about the problems of their customers and is empathetic to the problems of others.
Please click here to Apply Online