• Provide accurate diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for all players in The Development Squad.
• Manage all other full-time Academy Medical Staff, ensuring that the whole Academy has sufficient medical cover as described in Youth Development Rules.
• Manage/recruit all casual medical staff.
• Liaise with the Head Academy Physiotherapist to formulate, co-ordinate and supervise detailed recorded pre-habilitation and rehabilitation programmes.
• Discuss all treatment options with the Head of Medical Services before sending players for external consultations.
• Liaise with the Head of Medical Services regarding injury status of players.
• Adopt a key role in the management and development of the academy EPPP in conjunction with the Academy Director and Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine.
• Conduct preseason & signing MSK screening of all players from U12s upwards.
• Provide match day cover for U9s to U18s and development squad as required. Ensure that you take an active part in organising the staffing rota so that all Youth Development Rules are adhered too.
• To co-ordinate rehabilitation requirements, programmes and progression in conjunction with the Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine and strength and conditioning coaches.
• Ensure that The PMA is completed and up to date daily so that all players have an accurate record.
• Lead the medical team with administrative obligation such as injury audits, medical insurance and other matters as required.
• Ensure you attend all AMT meetings required to have a cohesive approach throughout all Academy Departments.
• Lead and organize quarterly medical department meetings, ensuring accurate minutes taken and feedback given to Academy Manager/Head of Sport Science and Medicine.
• To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take a leading role in the departments CPD programme.
• Provide one in-service presentation over the course of a season on a subject of interest to the medical staff at Hull City Football Club.
• Be the named supervisor for a third year BASRAT student for two semesters a year, liasing with the university as per the placement agreement.
• Ensure all Medical equipment in good working order and ensure all supplies are available. Report any incidents of misuse to Head of Academy & inform him of any requirements.
• Ensure treatment areas are kept clean and tidy, identify any health and safety risks and pass these on to appropriate members of the Hull City staff.
• To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the applicant capabilities.
How to apply
Please send a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org