Maersk Line, the global containerised division of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company in the world. Maersk Line offers a competitive salary and good benefits package (details dependent on working location).
Maersk Line has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, IT is an area where our top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in. In Maersk Line IT, we actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
The Operations Infrastructure Architect is the Design Authority within the Operations space, and responsible for the design of optimal infrastructure which aids the support and management of the IT services infrastructure. This role will support a variety of Operations related projects, across on-premises, hybrid and public cloud environments.
The architect will be accountable for:
• Overall direction, guidance, and definition of the group’s Operations infrastructure architecture to support the corporate business strategy.
• Ensuring compliance of the overall IT infrastructure to architectural standards, such as scalability, ease of integration, and portability.
• Managing creation and alignment of release plans and ensuring automation of system changes where possible.
• Developing business integration and testing approaches, including automation.
• Engagement with Production Services to understand problems with the environment affecting their area of expertise.
• Maintaining and drawing on an external network of resources (e.g. vendors, industry contacts).
• Having direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development implementation and use of IT systems within the infrastructure domain.
The architect will be responsible for:
• Maintaining reference architecture and roadmaps for their area of expertise.
• Being part of all projects related to Operations infrastructure platforms.
• Keeping a good dialogue with the service owner, SME´s etc. and act as technical pre-sales and governance oversight with internal customers.
• Driving new innovations in the Operations space in close dialogue with service owners and be an enabler and accelerator of improvements.
• Architecting and designing solutions to business requirements in accordance to technology roadmaps, principles, standards and guidelines.
• Working with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions.
• Alignment of technology to business strategy to energize business outcomes.
• Ensure technology is scalable, uses the principles of re-use, cost optimization, etc.
• Actively working with projects to improve and communicate architecture standards and design patterns.
• Providing hands-on guidance, support, and review for the creation of all technical components within the big data analytics space.
We are looking for
The candidate should have excellent written and verbal skills in English, with a university education. The employment history will include time spent in a variety of roles, covering both development and production environments, and ideally a period working for a consultancy across multiple blue-chip customer facing engagements.
Key skills required:
• 10 years of IT experience.
• 5 years working as an Operations Architect.
• 5 years design and implementation of operations technology.
• 2 years exposure to business transaction monitoring.
• 2 years exposure to Operations architecture in a Hybrid and Public Cloud environment.
• 1 years’ experience with Cloud SaaS based operations tooling • Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Demonstrable experience of designing enterprise control-plane architecture, across multiple product stacks.
• Comprehensive understanding of implementing monitoring, logging, scheduling and event management in environments that encompass both traditional and cloud technologies.
• Strong market knowledge of vendors providing operations monitoring, tooling and other related products.
• Good understanding of cloud security and networking.
Desirable technical skills:
• Wide exposure to Operations monitoring, log management and scheduling products (e.g. IBM Tivoli, Microsoft OMS, Riverbed, Dynatrace, ELK, Splunk)
• Operations in a multi-site environment encompassing virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, Service Fabric), physical servers, appliances, AIX and mainframe.
• Operations in a hybrid and public cloud environment (preferably Azure, Bluemix, Oracle)
• Operations with regards traditional database and middleware (including Oracle, IBM and Microsoft stacks)
• Operations across cloud native applications (Containers, Serverless, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• IT knowledge of storage, networking, AD, VMWare/ESX. • Networks (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
• Storage performance (local, SAN, NFS, Cloud storage)
• Product and Vendor Evaluation (contribute)
• Writing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
Please click here to Apply Online