Are you a Technical Cloud expert?
Are you result and detail oriented?
Would you like to join a progressive team?
This unique opportunity may be the right one for you.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
As Cloud Engineer you will acts as subject matter expert within Cloud and Operating platforms. Your primary function will be to build/develop solutions specified by the Solution/ Infrastructure Architects and ensuring best practice are upheld within the Always On (AO) Virtualisation arena.
Overlapping periods of operational tasks may be expected, however this is not part of the primary function.
• Understanding, articulating, and implementing best practices within Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud
• Depending on the work environment, the Cloud Engineer may be an active participant of a work-group with the need for specialized knowledge regarding Cloud
• Ensuring good handover of environments from build to the run teams (Documentation (Operating procedures), knowledge transfer, etc)
• Develop and maintain automation scripts (Blueprints/templates)
• Support Architects in engagements with Business units throughout the delivery lifecycle
• Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers, operators, and senior staff members
• The nature of the position involves actively participating in multiple work-groups at one time, and disseminating information across all levels of the organization
• Translating subject matter terminology into business terms and recommending alternatives
• Continuously develop/improve working practices and tools to achieve high levels of agility without compromising quality
• Creating and reviewing technical documentation, such as user guides, training manuals, and system specifications, prior to distribution to the operational team or end-users, and ensuring their subject area is accurately represented
• Keeping up to date with current trends in IT
We are looking for
The ideal candidate will have solid experience from a similar position. Infrastructure and technical skills covering primarily Cloud (MS Azure/Hyper-V), OS Platforms (Windows Server/Linux Redhat) are required and AWS/V-Cloud/VMware, or any other Cloud or virtualisation platforms would be an advantage.
• Required scripting skills (PowerShell, Ruby, JSON, Python and JAVA) and other languages
• Experience with REST API connection and with migration from on premise to Cloud Platforms
• Experience with Middleware such as SQL/Oracle/MQ/ and other middleware technologies across the stack will be considered a plus, but not required.
• Experience with configuration tools (Chef, Puppet, DSC)
• Knowledge of Cloud brokers/management platforms (Rightscale, Cloud Cruiser, V-Realize suite) and other management platforms (SCOM/SCCM/Intune/SCVMM/VSphere) will be considered a plus.
• Experience with ITIL framework, specially Service Operations and Service Transition
In addition, would be advantageous any/some of the following: Database/MW Management, Task Management, Risk Analysis and Management, Solution Architecture, Information Security, IT Standards, Process and Procedures formulation, Data Integration, Testing.
You have sound business acumen, strong analytical skills and you possess the ability to multi-task at a high level.
You are an excellent communicator and you have a positive mind set with the ability to deal with ambiguous situations.
You are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment. You want to challenge and develop yourself.
Please click here to Apply Online