Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Head of Solution Architecture, Analysis and Design you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Enterprise Architecture, IT delivery or IT Leadership
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. Our working day is versatile and busy, as on any given day we strive for excellence and mutual respect. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and challenging yet fun work environment.
There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, Philippines and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. You will be part of a highly-engaged team responsible for changes to several core business critical applications, including our global order and handling system. We are moving to work in an agile/kanban environment, and participate in daily scrum meetings. Your colleagues will be a range of engineers, developers, business and technical analysts, testers and managers, located in Maidenhead, India and Copenhagen.
Your will work out of the Maidenhead office, and the job (depending on the role) will require travel of 6 – 12 weeks/year to Copenhagen and India mainly.
As a Build Automation Engineer you will work closely with the product team on the following key tasks:
• Implement or delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
• Analysis of requirements to design best possible solution
• Develop or ensure code is at high standard and specification in accordance with current framework
• Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability scoping and best practice solution design to meet the requirements
• Assist in and where appropriate review, the estimation, time and cost of a specific solution design
• Write, deliver code and participate in code walkthroughs according to the requirements of the functional specifications
• Where appropriate, provide guidance to the Development Manager in the development of solutions
• Highlight all risks and issues that affect the development or deliveries
• Directing technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront the project or team.
• Attending to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions
• Demonstrating interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the
• Participating in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
• Ability to communicate with business and stakeholders on all levels
We are looking for
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer and 2 or more of release mgmt.
• Good automation skills. Ideally will have used automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
• Experience working with Oracle DB.
• Experience C++ but focused on Makefile configuration
• Experience with planning and deploying highly available mission critical software applications
• Windows Development Environment is a plus
• Experience with SOA based systems
• Strong Linux Skills
• Scripting experience, in particular Python
• Git Experience
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies
• Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
• Experience with agile/iterative software development methodologies
• Strong methods mindset and experience with release mgmt. methods and processes
• Keen interest in automating everything and a keen DevOps mindset
• Structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem solving skills
• Collaborative, with strong facilitation and people skills / personal impact
• Highly motivated and work well under pressure
• Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box
• Fact based and result oriented
• Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
• Excellent English verbal and written communication is a must
Please click here to Apply Online