Maersk are growing substantially, and we are now strengthening our highly successful Test Team. The role of the service virtualisation engineer is to design, build, test and deploy virtualised test services across multiple test environments. To fulfil this role, the service virtualisation engineer applies appropriate virtualisation technologies to meet the short and long-term goals of the testing organisation.
An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
Please note this role will require travel to Copenhagen
The Service Virtualisation Engineer
• Provides technical leadership and strategic direction for their area of speciality.
• Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements for the service virtualisation capability
• Participates across the development lifecycle
o Unit test, where the application developer designs the code to enable effective and repetitive unit testing as part of the build process.
o System / System Integration test, by developing automated solutions to increase test execution efficiency either by introduction of tooling and/or by the creation of automated test cases
o Regression test
o Performance test
o Operational Acceptance test
• Actively participates in the development of test strategies, test estimating, test planning.
• Can work as part of a scrum team with Product, BA, Developers, and Architects
• Works collaboratively with developers so that test failures are found as early as possible.
• Works with other test practitioners and the test manager to ensure we maintain best test practice across the department
• Analyses products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence technical direction and use of technologies after making necessary evaluations.
• Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. The expectation is that involving a service virtualisation engineer in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes in that area.
• Provides guidance and helps design, configure, implement, maintain and monitor systems that in turn support continuous delivery systems and outcomes.
We are looking for
• An understanding of the latest service virtualisation trends and their role in a commercial environment
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, and to collaborate
• Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
• Strong background in, and at least 3+ years of working in service virtualisation tooling and delivery of virtualised services.
• Hands on experience creating automation scripts for testing of services using various toolsets e.g. SOAP UI.
• Development & testing with ESB/SOA technologies e.g. Oracle Fusion
• Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automation, virtualisation across both agile and waterfall development environments.
• A strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background and good communication abilities are essential.
• Experience Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments
• Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals with a minimum of 4yrs practical experience building and delivering virtualised services into test environments.
• Practitioner level experience delivering & supporting service virtualisation products and capability e.g. IBM Rational Virtualisation Server, HP Service Virtualisation, Parasoft, CA Service Virtualisation in an automated framework covering complex integrated processing landscapes.
• Practical knowledge of Windows & Unix/Linux, performance testing services, web based application testing services
• Experience of using Microsoft SQL or other relational databases e.g. Oracle, DB2 or MYSQL
• Experience in using software development techniques like KANBAN
Please click here to Apply Online